No announcement yet.

Why is Mike Banned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone who has been here long enough should know that Cain is one of the most fair people around. The rules that he has and the way they are handled are far from heavy handed or unfair. He gives banned people a voice here on the form and hands out second chances often. Having been around here a while I would assume that a ban Cain has made was justified.
    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
    Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

... I vote lock and leave it. I'm pretty sure we can all trust that Cain and the admins made a reasonable decision... I've only been here for around a year, but I know that Cain and staff to put it simply, rock. Everyone has a voice, even those who have been banned from a server, but Mike obviously did something involving the forums that he wasn't supposed to do...

Just leave it guys, if Cain makes a decision, then we should trust that decision...

Comment

I have been here for longer than most of you and you can count banned forum users on one hand and have fingers left over. It takes a lot for Cain to ban someone from the forums. Every one of them deserved it.
        Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
        Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
        I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
        Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Duke{CLR} View Post
          Anyone who has been here long enough should know that Cain is one of the most fair people around.
          Duke forgot to cite source:

Citation: Hammy, a.k.a Angry Hamster, Jan 2008- the fact that Hammy still exists at Cains Lair suggests a sort of tolerant justice (unknown person)

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
            I have been here for longer than most of you and you can count banned forum users on one hand and have fingers left over. It takes a lot for Cain to ban someone from the forums. Every one of them deserved it.
            Apache
            I have 5.... counting mike

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck View Post
              I don't know Mike except for his posts on this board. I don't have a dog in this fight. I just think it's wrong to solicit donations from the community, and then not tell the community what's going on.

Here's what I know:

1. Someone posted a question asking for help from an admin;
              2. Mike replied to the question. He didn't say he was an admin, but a reasonable person reading his post would assume he was. Mike SHOULD have said clearly, "I'm not an admin, but..."
              3. Cain replied and said something to the effect "Mike is not an admin, although he sometimes pretends to be."
              4. Mike got offended, said he was accused of something he had not done, and decided to leave. Mike posted a "swan song" post explaining why he was leaving. That post was deleted without explanation.
              5. Mike got banned.

That's what I know. So therefore I have to assume that Mike's ban was based solely on his taking offense to Cain's words.

If one can get banned for disagreeing with the owner, then this ain't much of a community after all.
              There are alot of things that went on between #'s 4 and 5. Thats all I'll say on the matter
              [img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/vitopagano/CoD2/limeyfunny.jpg[/img]
              [img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y232/english911/admin.jpg[/img]
              [size=4][color=blue][url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url][/color][/size]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,184   Posts: 269,831   Members: 6,182   Active Members: 5
              Welcome to our newest member, newiron09.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to BF4 new easter egg.. need to know moriss code
                by newiron09
                BTW on iOS use "Light Conversation", its an app from an artist...he spreaded it for light arrangements(stories in lights) in a city...propably...
                15 Sep 2024, 09:24 AM
              • Reply to Otterbox is 10 years old
                by newiron09
                Having tried many cases I've given up on expensive ones. Not convinced they are significantly better than an inexpensive gel case for 1/10 the money....
                15 Sep 2024, 09:20 AM
              Working...
              X