cat lost a tooth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cat lost a tooth?

If anybody here is a vet I could use a bit of advice. Our cat is a 12 year old DSH weighing 8 lb's with a history if UTI's that lasted untill 8 years ago. The cat gets a half a can of wet food (friskies special diet) in the morning, and then grazes on dry food the rest of the day.

Well, yesterday her front top right (from the point of view of the cat) became so loose it could literally flip 90 back and forth. It was hanging on by a bit of gum at that point. Well, while we where out today she lost the tooth. We cannot find the tooth so we cannot confirm 100% that the root came out with it. What i'm wanting to know is what the gum would look like if the root had came out with it, and what it would look like if the root didn't come out with it. We're fairly positive it wasn't a break because there aren't any jagged edges of tooth left. It looks exactly like a little kid had lost a tooth. Just a bit red near the center of the gum, with the rest of the gum looking just fine. A nice pink color.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

Gene, take her to the Base vet most have them and it should not cost you anything unless you need medication for her

Comment

And she may have swallowed the tooth.
      Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
      Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
      I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
      Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by DennisM7 View Post
        Gene, take her to the Base vet most have them and it should not cost you anything unless you need medication for her
        On base vet will not preform dental work. Off base it's $700 for root removal. She's eating dry food fine, so I think it just fell out root and all.
        [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,184   Posts: 269,831   Members: 6,182   Active Members: 5
        Welcome to our newest member, newiron09.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to BF4 new easter egg.. need to know moriss code
          by newiron09
          BTW on iOS use "Light Conversation", its an app from an artist...he spreaded it for light arrangements(stories in lights) in a city...propably...
          15 Sep 2024, 09:24 AM
        • Reply to Otterbox is 10 years old
          by newiron09
          Having tried many cases I've given up on expensive ones. Not convinced they are significantly better than an inexpensive gel case for 1/10 the money....
          15 Sep 2024, 09:20 AM
        Working...
        X