Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever have their appendix removed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone ever have their appendix removed?

Well, I've all of a sudden while doing activities have had some severe sharp pains in my lower right side of my stomach. My good friend tayeke and another friend have both had their appendixes removed, and they both told me "if you feel a very severe pin prick, get your ass to the hospital".

However, I have had some severe pains, but they go away fast. Could be gas, but I doubt it. I haven't had many "Gassy" foods or have... been farting a ton of having.... "the runs".

Anyways, has anyone had theirs removed that can help with symptoms, what I need to know, blah blah blah. I heard that it mostly happens in males in late teens, early twenties.

I wouldn't mind getting it removed. I'm insured, love to have sexy serious scars, and not to mention it'd MAKE me quit my job that I hate lol.

But, since it's a very serious... surgery. I want to be alert.

Tayeke got his by rupturing it from working out too much. He also told me that chewing finger nails and swallowing them make chances for it good. And also lack of fiber helps. However, I chew my finger nails a lot, and like to keep in shape. I'm not buff, I do sit on my ass a lot and I'm not the healthiest eater, but I do do a lot of outdoor activities, and at my work I'm squatting a lot (I face aisles as well as attend bottles), which could be putting pressure around that area.

Maybe it's just pains from doing too much of that, but it's kind of freaking me out. It sometimes does feel like a severe pin prick, but goes away. It's like a volcano... giving warnings before it explodes

Anyways, just would like some clarification on whether or not I need to watch out. I looked online, and nearly everything said "there isn't enough proof to what helps get your appendix to burst"

A cramp perhaps?

Skipping meals etc?

Give it a week I'd say
    [img]http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/120/latinsigsj0.jpg[/img] [img]http://sigs.2142-stats.com/BenKenobi_player_7511.png[/img] [img]http://www.ronpaul2008.com/img/public_banners/hope-banner1.gif[/img] [url=http://www.cainslair.com/paypal2Cain.htm/]
    You will donate to Cain's. Now.[/url]

Comment

I dont know why, but I think you turn a bit yellow, and you would also throw up a lot. The yellow part, im not sure if it is a symptom of liver failure (drinkie drinkie). But I think that the throwing up part is pretty much a good time to go to a hospital. Then again, it MIGHT be gas, stop eating at taco bell, beans beans and more beans dont help Hope you're OK thou, who would I destroy in CoD then?

Comment

Just go to the doctor. Nobody here is qualified to diagnose you except Nomer, and he can't do it over the internet.

-Rand
        [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
        Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by rand{clr} View Post
          just Go To The Doctor. Nobody Here Is Qualified To Diagnose You Except Nomer, And He Can't Do It Over The Internet.

-rand

+100
          [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
          So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

I had my appendix and gall bladder were removed at the same time but the appendix was the unexpected happening as I had suffered with gall bladder problems for 6 years. The symptoms for the appendix for me well I did not know that mine was on the verge of rupturing after going too the emergency room with a terrible burning and gut wrenching sensation on my right lower side when the emergency room doctor told me what was wrong and had too have emergency surgery right then.

So see everybody will have different symptoms and Rand's right, Go see the doctor.

Comment

I am planning on seeing a doctor very soon. I am also having nerve pinches on my back. Today I suffered severly with the nerve that I screamed out in pain at my work. People thought I cut myself and there was sort of a scene. It was so harsh I couldn't move my left arm (its right under my left shoulder blade). I donno, all of a sudden, most likely because of this job, I'm getting sick due to heavy stress. I also felt VERY dizzy around 9pm, 4 hours into my work shift with only 3 hours left (suppose to be 2, but I never get out on time, they think we have no lives so they keep us up all night. I just got home and it's 1:30). I really need a doctor, problem is, I'm sure my work is causing it, and I work tommorrow morning (or this morning) at 11am to 4pm, than work monday 4pm to 11pm.

I just hope I don't end up watching the Hells Kitchen Finale on a hospital bed.

Comment

Originally posted by BenKenobi View Post
                Give it a week I'd say
                I to have had my appendix removed and I can tell you that the pain would not allow you to wait a week atleast for me since mine ruptured about 1 day after pain started. This isnt some lil pin prick, for me it was as if I was constantly being kicked in the side by a soccer player , I was unable to eat or drink anything without tossing it 20 minutes later. Also the appendix is full of all kinds of nasty lil things that will if not treated promptly will KILL YOU.. A normal walk in clinic doctor usualy doesnt have the equipment, they have to take blood and test it. I spent 3 hours of my pain in a walk in clinic only to be sent to an emergency room since they didnt have the stuff a regular hospital has.

If they are just removing an unruptured appendix they make a small cut. But if it goes they will give you a nice 2-3 inch scar and you will spend 6-10 days in observation. Since they have to make sure you dont die from anything that was in your appendix.

Comment

Well that certainly helps... and makes me not want to get it lol. But my main concern here is for those that have had theirs removed, were there early warnings like what I'm kind of experiencing? I'm getting all of a sudden sharp, severe pain, but it also goes away really fast. I just want to know if this is just the calm before the storm or something.

Comment

come to my house I'll do the operation for ya, I'm sure I can find some tools in my garage

Comment

I had mine rupture when I was working back when I was 16...my temp went to 104c and got very dillusional..also I collapsed because of the pain...

Dont wait to get it checked out because if it rupture there is a small time frame to get in surgery or there is the possibility of death due to the toxins being released in ur system

Comment

Usually w/ appendix, you will run a really high fever. Also, a lot of throwing up. BUT EVERYONE is different. Just go to the Dr and get checked out. One of the things we were told w/ my son, is that w/ the appendix, it hurts more after you have pushed on the stomach and you are letting go. If that makes sense.
                        So go on, go on be your own, go on be your own star!
                        A superstar in my eyes!

Comment

My bro got that a few years ago, said he wasn't feeling well in the morning, then was doubled over in pain trying to convince his principal to let him go to the hospital.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,184   Posts: 269,831   Members: 6,182   Active Members: 5
                          Welcome to our newest member, newiron09.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to BF4 new easter egg.. need to know moriss code
                            by newiron09
                            BTW on iOS use "Light Conversation", its an app from an artist...he spreaded it for light arrangements(stories in lights) in a city...propably...
                            15 Sep 2024, 09:24 AM
                          • Reply to Otterbox is 10 years old
                            by newiron09
                            Having tried many cases I've given up on expensive ones. Not convinced they are significantly better than an inexpensive gel case for 1/10 the money....
                            15 Sep 2024, 09:20 AM
                          Working...
                          X