Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will women date guys, in their 30's, that are gamers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting topic on this other forum:

Would you date a gamer?

Anyone out there ever come across any potential men/women that reveal that they are into online gaming? I recently met a guy who sounds promising but revealed that he's into online gaming, specifically Dungeons and Dragons.

I'm a little apprehensive about this...is there a limit to age when this should all just stop? Seems mid-30's might be pushing the limit on this type of activity.

Am I too picky?

I'm approaching 50 and I game my butt off. I don't see it stoping. It's too fun. I know of a few women who game. Women tend to go in for WOW or similar games. Rarely you will find one that likes BF2 type games....but they are out there. Nobody or age is gonna stop me from gaming.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

No.
      Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
      Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
      I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
      Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

I read on my IP's news page and topic that was called (man boy's) and it was about women that were either married or dating men that played video games and these women were not too happy and said that the men were inmature and for some it was like being married too a child.

I will see if I can find that article if they keep a archive and paste a link. My wife gave up because she is out numbered.

Comment

Originally posted by MR_MADHATTER View Post
          I'm approaching 50 and I game my butt off. I don't see it stoping. It's too fun. I know of a few women who game. Women tend to go in for WOW or similar games. Rarely you will find one that likes BF2 type games....but they are out there. Nobody or age is gonna stop me from gaming.
          I'm 51 still play when I can. My wife has her own gaming rig and used to play a lot of UK2003/4. We both like CTF and for awhile we played at a lot of Zark servers.

[TT]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/dCXnCM7.gif[/IMG]

Comment

All depends on the person. Do you really want to be with someone who doesn't like you doing what you enjoy?
            [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/Igorod/troopdod.jpg[/img]
            [url=http://profile.xfire.com/trooper110][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/co/type/1/trooper110.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Smack this girl!

Doesn't she know the Boys and their toys rule?! da da Dur!
              [url="http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/19030358"]Dracontius - North America - Summoners - League of Legends Statistics - lolking.net[/url] - My LoL stats etc

[URL="http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b6dbfab44e82"]http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b6dbfab44e82[/URL] - Use link if you want to play League of Legends.

Comment

Gaming today is not like gaming 15 years ago. With the popularity of consoles and MMOs, there are so many people who are now “gamers”. Gaming has become less of an underground thing and is a lot more mainstream. Gaming companies are some of the most lucrative entertainment companies out there. Seeing how gaming has evolved over the last few decades is pretty amazing.

That being said, our society is one that is lead by the media. And what do you see in the media about MMOs? That people waste their lives playing them. People having issues with playing 16 hours a day, 7 days a week. People losing their jobs, their families…all the negative things.

So if you are dating someone who doesn’t really know much about gaming and you tell them you are into playing MMOs, their initial reaction is usually going to be based off of what they see in the media about these games.

Would I date someone who has a bad gaming habit? No. Would I let the fact that someone likes to play video games affect my judgement of them? No. It’s a hobby like all others. As long as it is kept in check, there are no issues. But that’s me.

So going out and openly saying that you play video games can lead to incorrect assumptions on their part. Not saying they shouldn’t know, but when playing the dating scene, you have to say what you should say to get their interest…

People are so interesting in a social and psychological way.
                [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
                So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper110 View Post
                  All depends on the person. Do you really want to be with someone who doesn't like you doing what you enjoy?
                  While I agree with the above statement, you have to make sure that that person actually understands what you enjoy, the reasons you enjoy it. I enjoy things that other people have assumptions about and may not know the hows and whys I enjoy them.

Once they know and understand it from your perspective and not some media attention starved news reporter perspective, then they can make up their mind.

Comment

Originally posted by BigTwinky View Post
                    While I agree with the above statement, you have to make sure that that person actually understands what you enjoy, the reasons you enjoy it. I enjoy things that other people have assumptions about and may not know the hows and whys I enjoy them.

Once they know and understand it from your perspective and not some media attention starved news reporter perspective, then they can make up their mind.
                    More or less what I was getting at. I just didn't feel like typing a lot, lol. There's obviously room for interpretation and not just seeing someone at first view and getting to know them, that was more directed along the end line of things I guess.
                    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/Igorod/troopdod.jpg[/img]
                    [url=http://profile.xfire.com/trooper110][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/co/type/1/trooper110.png[/img][/url]

Comment

My wife games too! We play co-op together and she can kick some serious booty! I remember early this year we were both playing Resitance fall of man, I was lineing up a headshot with the sniper rifle and the Chimera's head blew apart!! I looked over at my wife and told her "I love her and to stop stealing my kills!"
                      Tony if a woman cannot except you for the person you are, she is not worth your time. Besides we gamers could be at the strip bar or out drinking with the boys 24/7. They should be happy were home alot and not getting up to trouble. My 2 cents.
                      Last edited by {CLR} Major.Massacre; 21 Jul 2008, 01:05 PM. Reason: piss poor spelling
                      [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i61/2HARDKOR/maj_massacre.jpg[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Evil_T0NY View Post

I recently met a guy who sounds promising but revealed that he's into online gaming, specifically Dungeons and Dragons.

I'm a little apprehensive about this...is there a limit to age when this should all just stop? Seems mid-30's might be pushing the limit on this type of activity.

Am I too picky?
                        See how easy it is to get mis-quoted

Comment

You also have to keep in mind that if your only hobby, or if 95% of your time is spent gaming, then you are already cutting down the pool of potential Mrs Evil_Tony candidates

Comment

Will they date you? Yes, if you find the right woman. My wife has no interest in gaming. None whatsoever. What she has in interest in is our relationship and she realizes that gaming is what I like to do with my free time. She understand that I don't always want to snuggle up on the couch and watch movies, or go out, or do something constructive. Sometimes, I just want to sit down and shoot people. That's understanding.

Comment

I haven't been gaming lately, for personal reasons I am not in the mood as I was before. But I always played some kind of video games, and to be honest, I am the "weird one" in my group of girl-friends, in that aspect. It's not very common, at least in my social circle that women of my age play games.

I also think moderation is the key as some of you have said already. If you spend almost all your spare time playing games I am not going to be happy. But I don't see any problems at all about dating someone that plays video games. In fact, I rather see my man in Cain's Lair than in a bar getting drunk. The fact that I also like playing games makes it easier to understand, but like I said, if you combine playing video games with other social events and without abandoning any of your responsibilities, and knowing all the time when to prioritize .. I don't see the problem.
                              K3BASFM. "Lead, follow, or get out of the way."
                              sigpic

Support Cainslair. Donate here! Cain's Lair Forums

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,184   Posts: 269,831   Members: 6,182   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, newiron09.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to BF4 new easter egg.. need to know moriss code
                                by newiron09
                                BTW on iOS use "Light Conversation", its an app from an artist...he spreaded it for light arrangements(stories in lights) in a city...propably...
                                15 Sep 2024, 09:24 AM
                              • Reply to Otterbox is 10 years old
                                by newiron09
                                Having tried many cases I've given up on expensive ones. Not convinced they are significantly better than an inexpensive gel case for 1/10 the money....
                                15 Sep 2024, 09:20 AM
                              Working...
                              X