Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will women date guys, in their 30's, that are gamers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use to be a gamer I played BF,UT,Doom, Diablo and of course TFC and TF2. I don't play a lot anymore, if I do its usually just TF2. I met my now husband 6 years ago ( married May 10th 2008 ) on a TFC server that we both played on. He played in Cains also when it was TFC, his name is SubHuman or Satan I do not remember which name he used here when he played. Since he joined the Army I haven't been playing much at all been writing letters and packing.
    So I would say yes they would date, you just have to find someone that shares the same interest. BTW we were and still are in our 30's

Comment

I think a 30 year old woman will date a 30 year old man she MEETS online but I don't think it would get much traction at the bar.

"Hey, come back to my place and I'll show ya my level 70 ranger!"

Of course there was that story about the WOW girl that REALLY wanted enough in game gold to buy an epic mount....

Comment

It doesn't matter what you do/are as long as you show her you like/love/care about her.

Comment

Born in 1959, and still play. It WOULD be great to find someone who has similar interests, i.e. gaming. My chances aren't that good at my age PERIOD. lol

So I get my adrenaline high or satisfaction playing, instead of golfing or hanging out at the bar.

Funny, people will criticize you for playing online games, but they will sit in front of the boob toob for hours on end, but think that is acceptable.
          ??Click me to donate??

Comment

Originally posted by Dead_And_Gone View Post
            Born in 1959, and still play. It WOULD be great to find someone who has similar interests, i.e. gaming. My chances aren't that good at my age PERIOD. lol

So I get my adrenaline high or satisfaction playing, instead of golfing or hanging out at the bar.

Funny, people will criticize you for playing online games, but they will sit in front of the boob toob for hours on end, but think that is acceptable.

No kidding. Or how about people giving you hell when they're totally pickling they're livers in a bar spending way more money. (BTW I like pickling my liver in a bar too)

My wife much like Needles has absolutely no interest in gaming. She sometimes does get on me about my gaming but, honestly I keep it pretty much in check. The only time I pull a "get home from work-game into the weee hours-wake up go to work" type of thing is when she's gone on business. Other than that I've got some time that's my time set aside for gaming. Like every Tuesday 8:00 PM to 12:00 a group of friends get on AoC and every 2nd Friday Pen and Paper RPGs. Working out a schedule really helped for me and my wife.

As for people that think anyone who games is immature....please grow up

Comment

Interesting answers, all of them.
              Funny how the women approach this question much differently than the men in here.

The truth is, women will date just about anyone- as long as they are interesting, can provide for themselves, and treat them with respect.

I see answers in alot of these threads that are loosely translated into: Women will date you, but dont expect them to game with you.

I agree with that one. I also agree that I would date a woman who is into shoes, shopping, make up, and drama (bullsh**). But like women and gaming, dont expect me to play.

You cannot date a woman online, so this is where the shortcoming of some of our community will come into play. You actually need to leave the house, go literally AFK- perhaps a farther AFK in terms of distance than you are used to.

If you can do that, the next challenge is wardrobe and a shower. Then you may want to shave and comb the nub (hair for non-californians). Then you will have to get dressed and make sure your clothes arent wrinkled, dirty and they must match (Bright Orange and Barney Purple are the biggest NO you get in this area).

Then when you are out and about- you will need to control your twitcher mechanisms. Responding as fast as you can to every input may get you classified as a predator, pervert or perhaps a meth addict. Maintain eye-contact, dont twitch the eyes, and dont burn a hole in her chest either. The real gams are nice, we know, and they can be as big as Laura Crofts (yes- that is nice too) but DO NOT stare at her in any place too long.

The last challenge is conversing. Blurting out how you leveled 3 times last night may make her assume you like self pleasure alot. Context and appreciation is the only suggestion I have outside of listen to understand.

Okay- joke is over.

Sincerely- Gals like guys that are all about them. They like 100% of your attention, they like compliments, dinner, movies, walks, and fun. Your fun factor is DEPENDENT on her fun factor. In a nutshell it will not matter one bit if you are a gamer, she only wants you to pay attention to her- so you could be a freakin astronaut- it wont matter. It's really all about her.

Comment

ROFL - Hey Baby, I leveled three times last night!

*SLAP* Pervert!

Comment

Kind of a twist...I've seen dating sites where women...who had taken up biking or even Harley Riding...and REQUIRING her new man be the same himself.

Why is this a requirement?

Comment

Originally posted by Evil_T0NY View Post
                    Kind of a twist...I've seen dating sites where women...who had taken up biking or even Harley Riding...and REQUIRING her new man be the same himself.

Tony-

You need to find a gal that is not into biking, but Bikini-ing (**ahem** **points at Nurse Pam) and includes online gaming as a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil_T0NY View Post

Because both of those activities can cost a good amount of both time and money. If you aren't into bikes, and she likes to ride her harley every weekend, you don't share a major hobby.

Same for cycling. Its an activity that can govern your vacation time. My wife and I often take 3-4 days trips to areas where we know we can get some good road time in. If we didn't share this major activity, a passtime that one of us loves and requires alot time would not be shared.
                      [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
                      So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

right behind you (6

Originally posted by Dead_And_Gone View Post

My ex wife used to complain about me gaming, but would herself watch three hours worth of sitcoms a night. Well, I couldn't stand Jerry Seinfeld's whining back then, and am not interested in the tired jokes of today's sitcoms, or any other network garbage. So, I won't give a woman a chance to say no to my habits. Doubt I will find a woman that games...but, hey, I'm done with my support payments and am not looking to sign another contract.

Comment

yikes

Originally posted by Nurse Pam
                          hahaha you say that now !

Do not tempt me...how can I convince myself I'm right when the flesh doesn't listen to reason?

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,184   Posts: 269,831   Members: 6,182   Active Members: 5
                          Welcome to our newest member, newiron09.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to BF4 new easter egg.. need to know moriss code
                            by newiron09
                            BTW on iOS use "Light Conversation", its an app from an artist...he spreaded it for light arrangements(stories in lights) in a city...propably...
                            15 Sep 2024, 09:24 AM
                          • Reply to Otterbox is 10 years old
                            by newiron09
                            Having tried many cases I've given up on expensive ones. Not convinced they are significantly better than an inexpensive gel case for 1/10 the money....
                            15 Sep 2024, 09:20 AM
                          Working...
                          X