Now this is good for Java

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now this is good for Java

Well, since my nephew is about half my age, and lived about half the way around the world from me, we decided to be able to spend time together on an mmorpg called RuneScape. Now I know a lot of you think RuneScape is gay and a kiddy game, which I cannot disagree with, there are some kiddy parts to the game...

But a lot of people couldn't be seen playing a game with crappy graphics. Little do people know that those graphics are WONDERFUL for Java.

Now, they have become EVEN BETTER.

These graphics look more decent than WoW!

YouTube - thejagexchannel's Channel

Kids need their games too.
    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

WoW isn't about the graphics. I saw better graphics than what it had, when it came out, in other MMOs. They have their way to do things, and that's how they do it. And apparently whatever exactly it is that they're doing is damn appealing to the masses. Age of Conan has some great graphics, but it also has great game play. People don't stick around in a MMO for the graphics usually, it's game play, friends in the game, fun factor, the smaller things. I know people who still play Ultima Online, that's old, graphics just got an update but still aren't great, but they love the game play and have friends that they still play with. Personally, I've tried a lot of MMOs, don't like a lot of them. WoW I've tried 3 times, I think it sucks. I love DAoC, AoC, enjoyed AO and EvE online although I wasn't with anyone I knew in those. What makes someone enjoy or hate a MMO usually isn't based solely on what the game looks like or how the graphics are. And BTW, JAVA is a horrible platform to use imo, unless done very very well, and I've seen rare instances of that.
      [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/Igorod/troopdod.jpg[/img]
      [url=http://profile.xfire.com/trooper110][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/co/type/1/trooper110.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper110 View Post
        WoW isn't about the graphics. I saw better graphics than what it had, when it came out, in other MMOs. They have their way to do things, and that's how they do it. And apparently whatever exactly it is that they're doing is damn appealing to the masses. Age of Conan has some great graphics, but it also has great game play. People don't stick around in a MMO for the graphics usually, it's game play, friends in the game, fun factor, the smaller things. I know people who still play Ultima Online, that's old, graphics just got an update but still aren't great, but they love the game play and have friends that they still play with. Personally, I've tried a lot of MMOs, don't like a lot of them. WoW I've tried 3 times, I think it sucks. I love DAoC, AoC, enjoyed AO and EvE online although I wasn't with anyone I knew in those. What makes someone enjoy or hate a MMO usually isn't based solely on what the game looks like or how the graphics are. And BTW, JAVA is a horrible platform to use imo, unless done very very well, and I've seen rare instances of that.

Currently the only game I'm playing is Age of Conan. Yes mostly because of friends also cause...it's Conan and yes Java is horrible (person who has to test java products)

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,183   Posts: 269,819   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
        Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse