Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Social Experiment (Dark Knight Spoilers inside)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Social Experiment (Dark Knight Spoilers inside)

Suppose you were on a packed boat that's evacuating citizens of your city and you have a trigger for a bomb that's on another boat filled with convicts. The convicts on the other boat has a trigger for a bomb that's on your boat as well. Suppose after an hour, if either one of the boats aren't blown to bits, both boats will be blow up anyway and the other boat as yet to blow your boat up.

Would you blow up the convict's boat?

i would jump off the boat and save myself

Comment

Personally I'd be trying to figure out how to disable the bomb, heh. Probably end up detonating it by messing with it
      [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/Igorod/troopdod.jpg[/img]
      [url=http://profile.xfire.com/trooper110][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/co/type/1/trooper110.png[/img][/url]

Comment

hehe.... I was willing to bet in the movie that joker lied and the detenator was actually for their own boat just to make em blow emselves up.
        But I think I'd try what trooper would.... Or better yet, just unhook it from the barrels of oil in the hold and throw it over board

Comment

I wouldn't blow them up....murder is murder plain and simple. Although they have chosen to live a life of crime chances are their actions have not affected myself or my family so it would not be up to me to end their lives.

Destiny is destiny....I would wait out the hour and if my destiny chose my death...then so be it

Comment

Dislodge the bomb, but only after carefully checking to make sure that it isn't set-up on a movement trigger. If it is then you have no choice but to try to disconnect the power source and hope it isn't set-up on a mechanical fuze.
            [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Talking about the boat of criminals, what about the guards and crew? They were on that boat too.
              Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
              Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
              I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
              Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
                i would jump off the boat and save myself
                Wow- just like in games, you die! Swimming more than 1/4 mi for most people is a death sentence. I say it isnt a great option for you, but a definite consideration. The will to survive and the understanding that you could drown thanks to hypthermia and the weight of water within your clothes could allow you to succeed.

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
                Talking about the boat of criminals, what about the guards and crew? They were on that boat too.
                Apache
                And for a second I did have sympathy. And then I remembered that in a recent study that we recieved on correctional facility employees stated that independent auditors cite: "..a majority of contraband within correctional facilities (note this is a US Study) is enabled, facilitated, or delivered by employees and trustees of the facility"

SO- anything above 49.9% would be the majority. If I use a general number, say you have 200 Guards and 150 administration (health, janitorial, supply, clerks), what you end up with is 175 or more people who participate in criminal activity.

Drugs, weapons, courier services (convict to convict, criminal to convict and inverse), and etc.

In a pure movie environment I agree with Apache. But the laws of averages suggest that they may deserve outcome similar to the convicts.

------------------------------------

My opinion is that if it is either myself or the other boat, I would probably choose to do nothing. The other boat is not the aggressor, though they may determine my outcome. The aggressor is from beyond, and the other boat is actual IN my boat- their fate is the same as mine from a complete perspective in that we share the same captor.

This is the two men in a pit story.
                The captor throws down a sword and says that only one man may leave the pit alive, else neither will leave the pit.
                The two men, friends before, face a challenge: Self or Selflessness?

Comment

A twist on the philosophical "prisoner's dilemma". The old Hobbesian notion that people will do whatever they can to save themselves is disproven in the film.

Comment

Take the detonator, and throw it out the window. Ya people might talk about saying I would do it... but if you really had to, could you? I honestly don't think most people would be able to go through with it
                    We work in the dark, to serve the light. We are Assassins.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Comment

I honestly have no idea if I could or not, I kind of doubt it though.
                      [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/Mobojo/Sigs/Sig2.jpg[/img]

Comment

I would probably want to blow up the other boat but couldn't bring myself to go through with it. :P

And I can see some of you are pretty good bomb-disarming experts :P, or really can are just thinking outside the box. :P

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR} Naillik View Post
                          hehe.... I was willing to bet in the movie that joker lied and the detenator was actually for their own boat just to make em blow emselves up.
                          But I think I'd try what trooper would.... Or better yet, just unhook it from the barrels of oil in the hold and throw it over board
                          +1
                          [img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/vitopagano/CoD2/limeyfunny.jpg[/img]
                          [img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y232/english911/admin.jpg[/img]
                          [size=4][color=blue][url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url][/color][/size]

Comment

No, because knowing the Joker, it would destroy my boat. It was a trick to make you kill yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammy View Post
                              Wow- just like in games, you die! Swimming more than 1/4 mi for most people is a death sentence. I say it isnt a great option for you, but a definite consideration. The will to survive and the understanding that you could drown thanks to hypthermia and the weight of water within your clothes could allow you to succeed.

And for a second I did have sympathy. And then I remembered that in a recent study that we recieved on correctional facility employees stated that independent auditors cite: "..a majority of contraband within correctional facilities (note this is a US Study) is enabled, facilitated, or delivered by employees and trustees of the facility"

SO- anything above 49.9% would be the majority. If I use a general number, say you have 200 Guards and 150 administration (health, janitorial, supply, clerks), what you end up with is 175 or more people who participate in criminal activity.

Drugs, weapons, courier services (convict to convict, criminal to convict and inverse), and etc.

In a pure movie environment I agree with Apache. But the laws of averages suggest that they may deserve outcome similar to the convicts.

------------------------------------

My opinion is that if it is either myself or the other boat, I would probably choose to do nothing. The other boat is not the aggressor, though they may determine my outcome. The aggressor is from beyond, and the other boat is actual IN my boat- their fate is the same as mine from a complete perspective in that we share the same captor.

This is the two men in a pit story.
                              The captor throws down a sword and says that only one man may leave the pit alive, else neither will leave the pit.
                              The two men, friends before, face a challenge: Self or Selflessness?
                              Joker did something like that last pit story earlier on with the gang guys and the poolstick remember? looks like hes a real fan of tough decisions lol.

But about the swimming part, when it comes down to life or death, are you going to care about clothes? A smart person would take em off, and swim steadily towards shore taking breaks floating on their back.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,817   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

Working...
                              X