Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else not watching the summer Olympics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOW I said "HEEELLL NO" in my first response but boy was I wrong. This is actually pretty competitive and even those weird little games they do like the balance beam and others are fun, yes I said it, it's fun! I can't seem to be turning my TV from NBC all day long lol. I did enjoy basketball and volleyball most. Go USA... and P.S. there are 4 Iraqi players in the olympics, nice having my boys back lol... they didnt win anything, but it's a start.

Comment

So I heard that parts of the broadcast of the opening ceremonies was faked...well, more like staged.

Some of the fireworks were predone.

The little girl singing was not the real girl who actually sang. they pulled the real girl at the last minute because they deemed her too chubby and her teeth weren't straight enough.
      [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
      So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

Originally posted by BigTwinky View Post
        So I heard that parts of the broadcast of the opening ceremonies was faked...well, more like staged.

Some of the fireworks were predone.

The little girl singing was not the real girl who actually sang. they pulled the real girl at the last minute because they deemed her too chubby and her teeth weren't straight enough.
        LOL if a lil girl is ugly, she might give the wrong impression? I'd go for that excuse...

Comment

Originally posted by H0ly-H@nd-Gr3nade View Post
          +1..

In our local paper, they said the average size of them is 4' 7" and 77 pounds.

Generally, girls are almost done maturing by age 16, so how are they so small? I know that gymnastics is really tough on your joints, so it hinders growth slightly, but not THAT much.
          Look at this article here. I am not here to say that everything here is true, but it is very interesting.

Records Say Chinese Gymnasts May Be Under Age
          "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a Communist."
          - Dom Helder Camara

Comment

+1..

In our local paper, they said the average size of them is 4' 7" and 77 pounds.

Generally, girls are almost done maturing by age 16, so how are they so small? I know that gymnastics is really tough on your joints, so it hinders growth slightly, but not THAT much.
            I live in a pretty asian area (not asian myself) and many of them are pretty small. I'd say the average height of the men is about 5'5. And they are in Canada and could be second / third generation. I could only imagine how tall they are in China.

So having women (or girls) under 5'0 is not surprising. Turn them anorexic for a year or two and they are down to 77 lbs
            [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
            So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

I read in the newspaper yesterday that Bush's Minders had a punchup with Chinese cops at one of the Basketball games.

Comment

I saw a report on pupil size, facial features for girls, and these girls have features and other proponents that would tend to have them being a year or two under 16. We'll never know.

As for watching them, I watch it now and then it's great, nothing like seeing a record smashed on TV.

Where it's at, I could careless, it's about the events and history, China is China, America is America, countries do what they want, who's to say everything we do is right. Our foreign policy is full of issues, same with problems in our country. Every country has their own problems, and China has been around alot longer than we have.

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR} View Post
                  Observations from tonight:

1. There appears to be some bias towards China in both men's and women's gymnastics.
                  2. There is no way those Chinese girls are all 16+. Several of them look no older than about 13-14.
                  3. Michael Phelps is good...
                  4. ...however, I'm getting a bit tired of seeing pictures of him sleeping, eating, and playing with his dog.
                  5. Katie Hoff is over-rated. She's like the Bode Miller of these games.
                  6. Doubles Table Tennis is ABSOLUTELY BONKERS INSANE!
                  7. Little dudes can lift a lot of weights.
                  8. Mongolian-descended archers seem to have the blood of their ancestors. They're pretty good.

-Rand
                  Agree on all points.

Comment

Generally, girls are almost done maturing by age 16, so how are they so small?
                    Ancient Chinese Secret! The recipe is essentially 1/4 intimidation, 1/4 hormone suppressants and 1/2 document forgery. Combine all ingredients. Deny, deny, deny! Win!

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck View Post
                      Ancient Chinese Secret! The recipe is essentially 1/4 intimidation, 1/4 hormone suppressants and 1/2 document forgery. Combine all ingredients. Deny, deny, deny! Win!
                      Don't forget a healthy dash of "IOC looking the other way."

-Rand
                      [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                      Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

they still have olympics?

Comment

I, for some odd reason, am going crazy for the women's gymnastics lol... It is much more competitive than I thought. Go Shawn Johnson, woooo *feels like a soccer mom/dad* lol

Comment

Anyone else see Phelp's win last night? Another come from behind win, and he won by only 1 100th of a second.
                            Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                            Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                            I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                            Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

OMG! I was certain that he was going to get silver. I have no idea how he did that.

Did you see his mom? She had 2 fingers up like 2nd place, and then she looked at the "scoreboard" and saw that her son got gold. From there, she went into total disbelief and had to sit down.
                              "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a Communist."
                              - Dom Helder Camara

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
                                Anyone else see Phelp's win last night? Another come from behind win, and he won by only 1 100th of a second.
                                Apache
                                One of the most incredible sporting conclusions I've ever seen. Simply freakin' AWESOME!

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,184   Posts: 269,831   Members: 6,182   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, newiron09.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to BF4 new easter egg.. need to know moriss code
                                  by newiron09
                                  BTW on iOS use "Light Conversation", its an app from an artist...he spreaded it for light arrangements(stories in lights) in a city...propably...
                                  15 Sep 2024, 09:24 AM
                                • Reply to Otterbox is 10 years old
                                  by newiron09
                                  Having tried many cases I've given up on expensive ones. Not convinced they are significantly better than an inexpensive gel case for 1/10 the money....
                                  15 Sep 2024, 09:20 AM
                                Working...
                                X