X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS enlists Seinfeld

Microsoft enlists Seinfeld, Gates to battle "Get a Mac" ads - Engadget
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/Igorod/troopdod.jpg[/img]
    [url=http://profile.xfire.com/trooper110][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/co/type/1/trooper110.png[/img][/url]

Boooooooooooo Mac sucks, Microsoft FTW!!!!

Let the fanboy battles begin, even thou i'm pretty sure any computer expert would rather using Micro over Mac any day.

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
      Boooooooooooo Mac sucks, Microsoft FTW!!!!

Let the fanboy battles begin, even thou i'm pretty sure any computer expert would rather using Micro over Mac any day.

I don't understand people. It's just a computer...It's a tool. Mac's don't suck. Actually they're alright ...moving to BSD was such a good idea for em. That being said however I don't run any macs at home. The deal with Mac's is that they try to make a computer into a toaster. What I am saying is options are limited to just turning it on and using the light /dark knob. some people like this...I donnot. But WTF it's a computer.

EDIT:although those Mac commercials are annoying and so smug.

Comment

I still think they suck

Not by operation, they're ok. But all that shameless publicity and over pricing annoys me

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
          I still think they suck

Not by operation, they're ok. But all that shameless publicity and over pricing annoys me
          Shameless publicity and overpricing....are we still talking about Mac or MS now? They both do it, almost all commercial corporate entities do it to some respect at least. MS is just as bad as Apple is, they both want your money, and they both over charge.
          [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/Igorod/troopdod.jpg[/img]
          [url=http://profile.xfire.com/trooper110][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/co/type/1/trooper110.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Seinfeld: weak

Don't care for Mac's pansy flagboy, and don't care for pansy Seinfeld.

I'll stick with PCs though. Used to have a Mac (college years), but switched to PC because I got tired of waiting 3 years for good games to come to it, if they did at all. A friend of mine, Mac user, convinced me to buy PS3 just so we could play an online game sometimes (don't anymore, consoles are weak too)...he still doesn't have COD4 for his Mac, because it's not there.

Also, PCs I can build myself, and I don't have to pay much for their physical design (just pay for performance, all that matters to me), which, I would imagine, makes up a big portion of the cost of a Mac.

Comment

Originally posted by Skud View Post
              Don't care for Mac's pansy flagboy, and don't care for pansy Seinfeld.
              Totally agree

Originally posted by Skud View Post
              Also, PCs I can build myself, and I don't have to pay much for their physical design (just pay for performance, all that matters to me), which, I would imagine, makes up a big portion of the cost of a Mac.

Yeah that's great but, some folks don't play games or build or otherwise mess with the computer. They just want to power it on and word process or surf the web. For those folks Mac's are perfect. For us they're not.

The whole Mac vs PC is so weird to me you might as well be flaming

Claw hammers suck, roofing hammers rule no no ball peen are they best.

they're just tools they don't provide any moral superiority.

Personally I use MS OS's for games and word processing and I prefer Unix (Freebsd, Linux, Solaris) for Servers. The nice thing about the Unix OS's is that I'm forced to learn WTF is going on at a low system level. I find I like learning about things.

Comment

Yeah, I admit the Mac vs. PC debate is a bit stupid. Games and price, I probably wouldn't switch to a Mac because Windows is just so familiar. Also, like Mapes said, you can't do much in terms of upgrades and hardware customization. I don't think the Mac Guy or Jerry Seinfeld will convert many users, since the large majority of people will use the OS that they've used in the past.

I guess I don't like the Steve Jobs cult of personality and the whole OMG IPHONE! hype that surrounds Apple. I think the iPhone looks cool, but it strikes me as a luxury item than a tool per se. If I needed something like that, I'd probably go with a blackberry.

Comment

I've read this is supposed to have Bill Gates standing next to Seinfeld.

Seems like an odd time for Bill Gates to be doing commercials, seeing as how he's 'retired' from MS.

And Seinfeld hasn't been popular since Kramer did his racist thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Cal View Post
                    I guess I don't like the Steve Jobs cult of personality and the whole OMG IPHONE! hype that surrounds Apple. I think the iPhone looks cool, but it strikes me as a luxury item than a tool per se. If I needed something like that, I'd probably go with a blackberry.
                    I agree with you however I don't like the squared screen layout of the blackberry. for the last eight months I'm trying to get my friend who works at Nokia to kick down his spare Nokia E90 communicator it's a freaking 800.00 phone with fully qwerty keyboard... He doesn't even like the thing so I think he might give it to me this weekend. Personally I like real buttons, a rectangular screen and the ability to ssh to a unix machine. this is what it looks like

Comment

I have the BlackJack II and like it.
                      Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                      Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                      I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                      Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,184   Posts: 269,831   Members: 6,182   Active Members: 5
                      Welcome to our newest member, newiron09.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to BF4 new easter egg.. need to know moriss code
                        by newiron09
                        BTW on iOS use "Light Conversation", its an app from an artist...he spreaded it for light arrangements(stories in lights) in a city...propably...
                        15 Sep 2024, 09:24 AM
                      • Reply to Otterbox is 10 years old
                        by newiron09
                        Having tried many cases I've given up on expensive ones. Not convinced they are significantly better than an inexpensive gel case for 1/10 the money....
                        15 Sep 2024, 09:20 AM
                      Working...
                      X