Moving into College!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving into College!!

Well I move in to the University of San Diego tommorrow to begin college. I am very excited!! Anyone have any tips on surviving college? I will try to stay regular on the forums!
    We work in the dark, to serve the light. We are Assassins.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Dude...You and I got to hang out sometime...We go to a pool hall or something and you can meet some of my friends, etc.
    [url="http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/19030358"]Dracontius - North America - Summoners - League of Legends Statistics - lolking.net[/url] - My LoL stats etc

[URL="http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b6dbfab44e82"]http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b6dbfab44e82[/URL] - Use link if you want to play League of Legends.

Comment

I got some tips for you...FOR THE LOVE OF GOD GO TO CLASS. Other than that just keep your nose to the grindstone and you will survive just fine.

Comment

good luck!

Comment

go out and have fun, but not too much fun... i had to stay a whole extra year in college just b/c i partied too much. oh and katrina screwed me up so thats a good excuse too

Comment

Oh yeah...do NOT get involved with the drugs there. We just had a major drug bust earlier this year and you do not want to get involved with the people who were involved. Some are awaiting trial and some were released with deals, etc. Good luck, man and let me know if ya wanna chill sometime.
            [url="http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/19030358"]Dracontius - North America - Summoners - League of Legends Statistics - lolking.net[/url] - My LoL stats etc

[URL="http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b6dbfab44e82"]http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b6dbfab44e82[/URL] - Use link if you want to play League of Legends.

Comment

Good luck Kyle! Make sure you try to remember us once in a while, although I'm sure studying and girls will keep you plenty occupied Don't party too much, study as much as you need to, make sure you have fun, once you have a job and bills and whatnot your ratio of fun to work goes down, heh.
              [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/Igorod/troopdod.jpg[/img]
              [url=http://profile.xfire.com/trooper110][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/co/type/1/trooper110.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Kyle, listen to Lineman. What you will find is that someone is always looking to party because they don't have homework, or an assignment or class. You need to do what you have to do and when you are free, you will find company.

The first year is tough because for most it's their first time away from mom and dad and they can't handle the freedom. You will start to see kids fade away in the second half of the year as they don't come back from break (mom and dad pulled the plug).

Plenty of time for partying AFTER you get your stuff done.

Good Luck and remember to recruit more CLR's

Comment

Study

Comment

Originally posted by BlackArrow View Post
                    Kyle, listen to Lineman. What you will find is that someone is always looking to party because they don't have homework, or an assignment or class. You need to do what you have to do and when you are free, you will find company.

The first year is tough because for most it's their first time away from mom and dad and they can't handle the freedom. You will start to see kids fade away in the second half of the year as they don't come back from break (mom and dad pulled the plug).

Plenty of time for partying AFTER you get your stuff done.

Good Luck and remember to recruit more CLR's
                    Wise words. Good luck Kyle and keep us updated if you have the time. Take care!
                    K3BASFM. "Lead, follow, or get out of the way."
                    sigpic

Support Cainslair. Donate here! Cain's Lair Forums

Comment

Linesman is correct and so far I am happy that my son is taking that philosophy to heart.
                      Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                      Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                      I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                      Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Don't worry, school comes first, then when all is done, then I can have fun. And that since my parents are paying my tution, basucally I still have to do what they tell me. I thought going to college meant making your own decisions...LOL. Besides, I have to meet people first to party, but I still don't plan on going to many parties.Thanks for all the advise. Don't worry guys, I won't forget about you. I will remain active in the forums. Fiery, do you go to SDSU? You mentioned a drug bust, so thats why I assume SDSU. Hit me up sometime.
                        We work in the dark, to serve the light. We are Assassins.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Comment

Originally posted by KyleRiley View Post
                          then when all is done

believe me, it is never done..... but good luck anyways

Comment

Originally posted by KyleRiley View Post
                            Besides, I have to meet people first to party, but I still don't plan on going to many parties.
                            Like everyone else said, study study study. Other than that though, have fun and try new things. Join student groups or clubs or the sports programs. If you do that you'll meet plenty of new people and have a great time. When I was in high school I played baseball. A couple years later I'm the starting hooker for my school's rugby team and I'm having a great time with that, all because I stopped to check out the team's recruitment booth on the way to lunch. And if you get invited to a party and all your work is done, go to the party, check it out, you can leave in five minutes if you don't like it, or you can hang around until the cops show up watching stupid people do stupid things. Depending on the type of people you hang out with, you could end up seeing some pretty funny stuff. And the weekend starts on Thursday night, so have your stuff for Friday all done.
                            Good Luck, Have Fun, and don't fall behind in your work.

P.S. Caffeine will be your new best friend. I can't believe I forgot to mention caffeine as I'm surrounded by empty iced coffees and mountain dew cans.
                            Last edited by Fitty-Six K; 29 Aug 2008, 12:06 AM. Reason: Caffeine

Comment

Don't party at all is what I'm going to say. One party could ruin everything. Also, make sure people know that you are not the host of a party. Like what Blackarrow said, when people get away from Mommy and Daddy, they want to just party. But also when people get away from mommy and daddy, their friends may think that all they do is party with NO RULES.

When I moved out with my roommate, everyone randomly showed up, with no notice whatsoever, and they came in our apartment and trashed the place, and I can tell you cleaning up vomit and having your house smell like 100 gallons of lysol is NOT fun.

Remember you're paying a lot of money to be there. Don't screw it up.

On a final notice... GOOD LUCK! Enjoy your freedom, just don't overuse it.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,184   Posts: 269,831   Members: 6,182   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, newiron09.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to BF4 new easter egg.. need to know moriss code
                                by newiron09
                                BTW on iOS use "Light Conversation", its an app from an artist...he spreaded it for light arrangements(stories in lights) in a city...propably...
                                15 Sep 2024, 09:24 AM
                              • Reply to Otterbox is 10 years old
                                by newiron09
                                Having tried many cases I've given up on expensive ones. Not convinced they are significantly better than an inexpensive gel case for 1/10 the money....
                                15 Sep 2024, 09:20 AM
                              Working...
                              X