CLNN News - Weekend Recap Vol. III Sept 1st 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CLNN News - Weekend Recap Vol. III Sept 1st 2008

CLNN, United States -- This is A. Hamster, CLNN Bureau Chief reporting from a remote location, giving you the best news in all of gaming.

Let's get current, Shall we?

Labor Day weekend passed as of my arrival from the in-laws at 8:15pm PDT, and I have to tell you-- having to pass the beach on my way to their house on a 80 degree day does not suck.

This Hamster spent the weekend at a Church picnic on Saturday, a neighborhood bar-b-que on Sunday, and the in-laws for a shin-dig on Monday. Why do you care? Because in the middle of all that, I managed to post personal best and server leading high kill and flag cap scores on Saturday and Sunday evenings. True, I wasn't always the best person on the server- in fact I am usually the bottom percentile, but I have to tell you all in Cain Speak- Dag Gummit- that is some fun stuff!!

So several possible stories, but again, I lead with the numbers- because the numbers do not lie.

For the week beginning August 24th and Ending August 31st, we saw 17 new members to our community. Now this Hamster is very active in Team Fortress, Call of Duty 4 and Day of Defeat Source, and we have added some wicked talent to our friends and community pool.

I'm not going to name names, because I will leave up to all of you to find out who they are, say hello to them, and thank them for being part of our gaming community. Especially when they're carrying your team and defending your base as you run around like a blind hamster looking for the alfalfah bar.

Trivia Answers From Last Issue After recieving ZERO responses, I am going to say that none of you either read the entire issue, or were around for those things- so here are the answers:

Getting a beacon during a match this weekend meant which plugin was being tested?
    Who in the heck knows- but drugged was another outcome that could have happend to you if you had happend to TK someone while we were testing this Friendly Fire plug-in on the DOD server

If you suddenly burst into flames, what might you have done in order for this to happen?
    See the first question- this one was funnier than heck

Name two of the new maps and the objectives on these maps.
    I was hoping someone would have told me the maps, but one of the maps on DoD features a detonation objective- WAY cool We debuted some really awesome customs this week as well. I've said it before- DoD Source was the best $9.99 I have ever spent on a game

Name the Cains Lair Player whose dog became part of the tactical discussion.
    That would have been my dog- and it was hysterical.

Call of Duty 4 News The only news I have is that just because the "X only" weapon rounds have gone away on the hardcore server, doesnt mean it isnt a heck of a good time.

CoD TDM is still running strong and I had a great time checking in on Thursday evening.

Interviews
    DougBob and Apache get the high honors this week. I tried very hard to come up with an introduction to both these gentlemen, and I couldnt. Do you know why? It's because they have the type of no-nonsense that extends into the fun- as in:
    "stop that nonsense- I will not tolerate you not having fun dang it!"
    It really is a competition indirectly about the two of them, because they both make themselves known in different ways about leadership on and off the field of game battling.

You always know when you are on Apache's team. In fact, for someone that is always in the mic blasting information, I have never heard an asshat try to stop him from using his voice. What that should tell you, if you have not had a game with him, is that he is very intelligent in the game, understands what SPAM is and what is not, and is an excellent teammate.

DougBob, well its a different flavor of ice cream. He's more of a Neopolitan- sometimes very vocal, sometimes invisible, and sometimes a bit of each- but he's somehow always in the right place at the right time backing people up.
    These two are part of my personal favorites list, and if I had to build an all-star team for a game, it would be very hard to exclude them from my list because even if we lost every round, I would have the best time of my life in the game with these guys.

In fact, I often get these two characters confused despite obvious things such as, you know, the names....and the voices....and the fact Apache yells at you when you say what (Huh?! Hes right there-AWWW Dag Gummit- hammmmmy....) (p.s. you always know when you bungled when he drags the name out long like that-- roflmao)

So-- on with the interview:

#1 Are you a Doug or a Bob?
    I am a Doug. My tag DougBob has been around a long time and now I'm proud to go by DougBob{CLR}

#2 Retired or Un-employable (kidding)- What is your favorite kind of work? (i.e. Mine is cutting wood or building fences- long hard work)
    My favorite kind of work is geeking. I love just troubleshooting stuff on computers. I hate paperwork!
    My true love, would really have to be farming. If I were rich I would drop everything I have earned in the engineering community and be riding that tractor right now. There's no stronger feeling of accomplishment to watch that field yield a good crop of corn, soybeans or cotton. I would be the only farmer with a quad core max'd out spec'in CLR games while plowing the field

#3 If you could be any player in our community, who would it be?
    That's a tough one. There lots of good players in our community. I can't say there is any certain one I would want to be other than myself. Besides, who would be the target for everyone else to hone their skills if I were someone else

#4 Name the one game you cannot let go of? (i.e. I have a 3 part series of a time machine game that I still have - thought I dont have a PC that will run it)
    Man, there really isn't any certain game. I'm a unique individual that just loves change. If a game has good graphics and great physics I love it. Basically I would have to say any game Cain has up is my favorite. As long as I get to play with this community all games here are my favorite. I love it here.

#5 What makes a great player at Cains Lair, and what makes a great member of our community?
    A great player at Cain's Lair? Hmmmm, that would be someone that just love the community and game. Someone who doesn't care if they win, but if they can help the other person win. An individual that will not care if their teammate is male, female, black, white, purple, green. Someone who doesn't care if they are 10 or 90. A person that doesn't judge wheather an individual sitting in the bunker beside them care shoot a dime at a hundreds yards or couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with a bass fiddle and then is willing to take the time to teach that person tips to increase they skill politely and with care

#6 How many people were part of Cains Lair when you joined?
    Wow, I can't remember last week much less a number 6 or 7 months ago. I believe it was somewhere around 2000 to 2300 members.

#7 Is Apache really as good as they say he is as a squad leader?
    Apache is awesome, my first few times here Cain fired the BF2 server back up. I was in awe at watching Apache fly that chopper. He can make that thing sit nose down and turn in on end while wiping out anything below him. Yes, Apache is an awesome squad leader and you can hear him bellow for miles

#8 If you could be Apache for one day, what would you do and why?
    Hmmm, if I were Apache for a day, I would teach all the younger CLR his magic skills and create an army of unstoppable CLRs

#9 What games are you playing right now?
    Anything on Cains Lair Baby

#10 Name your favorite Cartoon Rodent.
    Oh yeah baby, that would be my hero Secret Squirrel.
    That little bugger was bad.
    I have always liked the gadgets secret squirrelly type things.

And Apache:

#1 Are you a Mr. Apache or Mr. Warrior?
    Mr. Apache was my dad. I really can't repeat what most people call me.

#2 Retired or Un-employable (kidding)- What is your favorite kind of work? (i.e. Mine is cutting wood or building fences- long hard work)
    I am a bench jeweler with my own retail store. My favorite work was beating people up. No I am not in the Mafia, even though my wife is Italian. I used to own a Karate School.

#3 If you could be any player in our community, who would it be?
    I would be myself.

#4 Name the one game you cannot let go of? (i.e. I have a 3 part series of a time machine game that I still have - thought I dont have a PC that will run it)
    Counter-Strike and Day of Defeat.

#5 What makes a great player at Cains Lair, and what makes a great member of our community?
    A great player is some one that enjoys playing great games with their friends. A great member of our community is anyone that enjoys contributing to the community and making it a better place.

#6 How many people were part of Cains Lair when you joined?
    I do not remember that far back Players come and they go but, a lot come back again. I started when we were on Sleezyboard. This is the third home I have had with this community.
    #7 Is DougBob really as good as they say he is as a squad leader?
    I have never been in a squad with DB. I never played BF2 or 2142 with him. I would, however, squad up with him anytime.
    #8 If you could be DougBob for one day, what would you do and why?
    Shave Jeffro's Eyebrows. It would give the other team a fighting chance. Sort of like cutting Samson's hair.

#9 What games are you playing right now?
    Day of Defeat Source full time to build up the server. I also like COD4 HC. I will be playing CSS when Cain puts up a server.

#10 Name your favorite Cartoon Rodent.
    Mutley of course.

Well, this Hamster has had a long weekend and I hope yours was as fun as mine was both on and off the server. To that point, I have really kept this one short and would like to thank you all for making our community THE PLACE to be when it comes to fun, friends, fraggin and floor dropping laughs.

None of this would be possible without each and every one of you, so please remember that every time you step on to the field- bringing your A-Game in terms of social responsibility, respect, choice of words and a very welcoming environment that promotes the freedom to enjoy the games we play.

This week I would like anyone who has the time to send me your favorite stories, past or recent past, about gaming so we can include some freelance journalism into our next issue.

Until then, this is A. Hamster reporting from a remote location within the United States.

As always, another great report Hammy. Keep up the good work!
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

Comment

ROFL, good job Hammy, sorry I couldn't have been a better interviewee, but I guess I make up for it as a excellent target

Oh and Apache don't remember playing any BF2 with me since I was usually on the other end of the round he just fired You know kinda like the old bugs bunny cartoons where they ride the bullet or rocket and you see them screaming as they pass by.... Yeah that was me
      [IMG]http://thepebkac.net/images/sigs/Outdoors_sig.jpg[/IMG]
      Like the community? Donate here:
      [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate[/URL]

Comment

You know I'm taking notes, and so far I am informed, interested, freaked, and kinda turned on , or it might be the new pills... you never know

Great one hammy

Comment

DougBob, you must be confusing me with someone else. I was never a great chopper pilot. I was more dangerous to the people who flew with me than to the enemy.
          I mostly played as a squad leader with the PKM. Although I loved to snipe and would do so if I was not the squad leader and my team did not need another class of player.
          Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
          Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
          I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
          Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Another great installment Hammy, I love these posts
            [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/Igorod/troopdod.jpg[/img]
            [url=http://profile.xfire.com/trooper110][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/co/type/1/trooper110.png[/img][/url]

Comment

I love these reports. Keep 'em coming Hammy.

Comment

I missed when these reports came out... But i love 'em

Nice work Hammy

Comment

i loved apache interview...so true.
                  Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

Love em hammy! Apache rocks as SL

Comment

These are so much fun! I can totally see the request from Toyru and Phantom on my intereview when the girls kick my butt, as they so elegantly put it.
                      [url="http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/19030358"]Dracontius - North America - Summoners - League of Legends Statistics - lolking.net[/url] - My LoL stats etc

[URL="http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b6dbfab44e82"]http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b6dbfab44e82[/URL] - Use link if you want to play League of Legends.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
                        DougBob, you must be confusing me with someone else. I was never a great chopper pilot. I was more dangerous to the people who flew with me than to the enemy.
                        I mostly played as a squad leader with the PKM. Although I loved to snipe and would do so if I was not the squad leader and my team did not need another class of player.
                        Apache
                        Oh well, so we're more alike than I thought cause I suck in the chopper too. You still rock
                        [IMG]http://thepebkac.net/images/sigs/Outdoors_sig.jpg[/IMG]
                        Like the community? Donate here:
                        [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate[/URL]

Comment

Good Hammy
                          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,184   Posts: 269,831   Members: 6,182   Active Members: 5
                          Welcome to our newest member, newiron09.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to BF4 new easter egg.. need to know moriss code
                            by newiron09
                            BTW on iOS use "Light Conversation", its an app from an artist...he spreaded it for light arrangements(stories in lights) in a city...propably...
                            15 Sep 2024, 09:24 AM
                          • Reply to Otterbox is 10 years old
                            by newiron09
                            Having tried many cases I've given up on expensive ones. Not convinced they are significantly better than an inexpensive gel case for 1/10 the money....
                            15 Sep 2024, 09:20 AM
                          Working...
                          X