CLNN Weekend Post Cap -- Issue V at 5pm EDT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CLNN Weekend Post Cap -- Issue V at 5pm EDT

This is A. Hamster reporting live for CLNN, where your gaming Begins and Ends.

Quickly- Let's Get Current

The weekend was full, and look at all the fun we have yet to discover!!!!!
    No offense to September, but October and November are going to rock the house with games... (hint: Farcry 2 pre-subscriptions were 10% off at Steam this weekend....)

{CLR}geneSW Opens this issue with a tribute to Cains Lair.
    Tribute to Cain's Lair

Upcoming Games – PC Only- Major Distribution
    Spore -- 9/7 <--Someone needs to tell us how this game is doing?NHL 2009 -- 9/9 <-- my bad, this was Console launch
    Mount and Blade -- 9/16 <-- I’m looking forward to this Oblivion like game
    S.t.a.l.k.e.r Clear Sky -- 9/15
    Crysis: Warhead -- 9/16 <--check the new section in forums http://www.cainslair.org/forumdisplay.php?f=87
    Brothers In Arms: Hell's Highway -- 9/23

The Weekend in Review

CoD4 was a blast. I took on the Tri-Fecta and I saw a lot of fantastic things.
    I never noticed until now that there exists a ton of hidden objectives in that game.

1. Hold a landmark
    2. Absorb a spawn
    3. Mass attack (works on urban environments well)
    4. Crossfires ( setting one up in Overgrown for example was hysterical)
    5. Tunnel Rats (see -413- if you want more on this one)

Here is the Photo of the week: (again {CLR}geneSW )

CoD4 HC

Well...it was hard core- but it is fun if you can get past some of the differences.
    Complaining here is like shouting at the wind and intending it to change direction.
    The HC server is meant to be different- and some notes on that:

1. Friendly Fire Reflect
    2. No insta-spawn
    3. Smaller field of combatants (due to the popularity and the settings)
    4. Lots of quiet perks
    5. Claymores will slow down the runners
    6. Airstrikes are risks thanks to Friendly Fire Reflect
    7. Nade Spam is near nothing
    8. Smoke is popular

Day of Defeat:Source

We had a full server several times this weekend. Funniest thing that I did and had happen to me was getting blown into the air by a Panzerschrek or Bazooka.

There are a few places where people will group to capture a target.
    The more people the faster you capture.
    I fired a shot into a hallway that opens into a courtyard, and the bodies just came ragdolling out- 5 of them.

Happened to me as well a few maps later- someone yelled “what the heck happened”
    I replied “So THAT is what the roofs over there look like from 20,000 feet.”

World of Warcraft

I need to get back on. I stopped playing out of sheer animosity leveled frustration whereby, I could not get the darn client to stop updating past the point of no return. There is a build limit (or was) and I just got so irritated at all the time I spent on this to just fail, that I threw my WoW career into the wind and never cared.

Oh- well, I have never been a very addictive person, so that seems to fit me.
    If anyone would like to tell me more about what is going on in there, I will be happy to take the report.

Otherwise, I plan on re-juvinating myself very soon. The blast and click games are wearing on me again- and I need a thoughtful break.

Dontate Well-- Dontate Often

Let's take a moment to remember that if we all donate $5 a month, we preserve our gaming environment.

Check out the Donation Link, The link under Juneau's Signature, or simply look into creating a subscription, you can help guarantee our community for the future.

Weekend To Do's-- The Recap -- How did you do?

1. Recruit one member Check
    2. Hit each of our servers for a Trifecta of Fun (CoD4- HC, CoD4 TDM, DoD:S) Check
    3. Greet at least two people in Welcome Check - cmon now! This is the Hamminator- sayin “wassup” is like yelling “Sake Bomb” for me
    4. Say hello to anyone you dont know as they join the server (as many as we notice while playing) Check see number 3 for validation
    5. Have so much fun that I bring back some stories to tell the folks at CLNN. Check – Not so much as stories this time, but good experiences.

Interviews
    The people I nominated had a full week and it just didn’t work out.
    We’ll see these make a return as soon as possibly next issue.

Closing Remarks

This is A. Hamster reporting live and it has been my pleasure serving you.
    I hope you all have a great weekend and keep it fun!

~Hammy Out!!!
    Last edited by {CLR}geneSW; 8 Sep 2008, 09:47 PM.

W00t, First!

I hate those people who say first in things, but I am one, so yay!

Great report Hammy, I was laughing most of it, until I read the claymore remark

EDIT: How did I miss that video? lol I must be getting old. But great video Gene, and another w00t for I am in it, using an M16, but in it lol! Loved the songs too
    Last edited by K PhaNTOM; 9 Sep 2008, 11:59 AM.

Comment

good news!
      I should mention you forgot to add in CoD5: World at War and that I now have DoD:S, so I can accidentally teamkill you all, lol

Comment

Yay! great report Hammy, reminder to you to check your inbow for my message concerning Spore.
        [url="http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/19030358"]Dracontius - North America - Summoners - League of Legends Statistics - lolking.net[/url] - My LoL stats etc

[URL="http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b6dbfab44e82"]http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b6dbfab44e82[/URL] - Use link if you want to play League of Legends.

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR} Naillik View Post
          good news!
          I should mention you forgot to add in CoD5: World at War and that I now have DoD:S, so I can accidentally teamkill you all, lol
          Im scared of your nades

Comment

Instead of WoW give Age of Conan a try. It's actually quite fun and I was never tempted to play a MMO till now. I have a regular standing gig with some friends where we play every Tuesday and we only play those toons then. Lots of fun and the fatalities are bloody as hell!

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR} Naillik View Post
              good news!
              Thanks Nailik- CoD5 is something we can cover as we get more involvement in it. Right now it is on a build list, so I dont have a ton of information.

~Hammy

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,184   Posts: 269,831   Members: 6,182   Active Members: 5
              Welcome to our newest member, newiron09.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to BF4 new easter egg.. need to know moriss code
                by newiron09
                BTW on iOS use "Light Conversation", its an app from an artist...he spreaded it for light arrangements(stories in lights) in a city...propably...
                15 Sep 2024, 09:24 AM
              • Reply to Otterbox is 10 years old
                by newiron09
                Having tried many cases I've given up on expensive ones. Not convinced they are significantly better than an inexpensive gel case for 1/10 the money....
                15 Sep 2024, 09:20 AM
              Working...
              X