777 the unlucky numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

777 the unlucky numbers

Looks like the government ain't getting it done today ladies and gentlemen.
    Stock market just crashed big time. Some woman on CNN news says we might be alright by 2015.

Whatever will we do?

Yep it's a scary time. This could be the wall of reality that this country needs. I think I should go out and get soime chickens or something that I can raise on my 1.3 acres that will help me feed my family.

[img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
    Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

What was interesting was I took the day off today and watched it on CNN. It dropped like a ton of bricks when the failure was announced. It began climbing back, and when the Republicans spoke, was up to about -500 (fat cat investors influence?). An hour later, the Democrats spoke, and it dropped to -600. It climbed again, and then in the last NINE minutes it plumeted about 150 points to -777.

Interesting just watching how fast it changes.

-Rand
      [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
      Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

777 as unlucky numbers-

If I remember right that is either a Taiwanese superstition or one out of Hong Kong.

I remember when I was trying to survive the dotcom bust here in California, I had to work at a car dealership as a Customer Relationship Manager. It was easy times until my 3rd or 4th customer complaint came in.

This Chinese gal was angered by the fact her husband had bought a car from us for $7777.77 She said that the car was cursed and must be returned immediately.

I mean it was a real headscratcher for me-

1. I had no clue 7's were bad luck. In the US, 7 is actually a common lucky number along with 17.

2. I wondered how in the hell anyone would write up a sale like that without the manager getting ticked off

3. I had nothing to replace the car with that was remotely close to that number (average vehicle was listed for about 10k plus a 1k-5k markup on the used lot).

In the end they bought a top of the line full loaded Camry, and the comission check was made out to me, even though I didnt do anything except listen to the customer and give her options. She chose the car she probably wanted in the first place, and because her family was "cursed" and the husband was in the doghouse for (1) being cheap and (2) getting cursed numbers, he probably ponied up to get the car.

I still have that comission check to this day, with the back of it that says "from $7777.77 to $36,784. Yeah BABY!"

~Hammy

Comment

Sheesh...So glad my future is secure for the next ten years. If your facing a financial disaster, you should join the army >.>

Comment

Gather weapons, ammo, water, and food!

If you can't get food,

Works!

Comment

Also glad I have remote cabin in Canada, located 100 miles from Sault St Marie, where I stockpile all three.

Comment

Hmmm maybe I should buy that reloading press

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,184   Posts: 269,831   Members: 6,182   Active Members: 5
                Welcome to our newest member, newiron09.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to BF4 new easter egg.. need to know moriss code
                  by newiron09
                  BTW on iOS use "Light Conversation", its an app from an artist...he spreaded it for light arrangements(stories in lights) in a city...propably...
                  15 Sep 2024, 09:24 AM
                • Reply to Otterbox is 10 years old
                  by newiron09
                  Having tried many cases I've given up on expensive ones. Not convinced they are significantly better than an inexpensive gel case for 1/10 the money....
                  15 Sep 2024, 09:20 AM
                Working...
                X