X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teenagers set to start hating Ford

Ford introduces car-limiting MyKey for worried parents - Autoblog
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/Igorod/troopdod.jpg[/img]
    [url=http://profile.xfire.com/trooper110][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/co/type/1/trooper110.png[/img][/url]

I tend to think the kids that hate the idea are the ones ideal for this kind of product.

Even when I was a teenager, I thought that if your parents gave you something like this you probably deserved it.

Lastly, the teenagers will find a way around it. They always do.

Comment

I agree with Hammy

Comment

I can agree with the limiting the top speed and the seat belt chime, I just don't see why they would have to limit the radio volume. The only thing that kept me from getting out of my car and beating the crap out of stupid people in my high school parking lot was the fact that I could blast country music that most people there hated. Overall its a good idea though.

Comment

I figure people (not just kids, cuz my radio is usually cranked high) who listen to loud music when driving are cutting out one of their senses while driving – hearing. You can’t hear your car, can’t hear traffic, can’t hear horns etc etc. And its also a key distraction as you pay more attention to the music that the driving, but this can happen at any speed.

They should also put inhibitors in the car that make it so that cell phones cannot be used in the car while the key is in the ignition. I know there are issues with people really needing them in an emergency, but I think this is something else they should add.

Problem with the initiative is that some will find a way around it all. And those that do find a way around it all are those who need to have this type of thing in the first place.

And hell, why limit the speed only for teens? Should this not be something that applies to EVERYONE?!? Why is it OK for an adult to drive 60 over the limit, but yet, we say it’s a no no for kids. I’m feeling the hypocrisy here. Sure, kids need to be taught and framed and shown the way, but in terms of speed, no point why someone should be driving their Camry at 170 down the highway, regardless of age, unless they are on a closed speed track or in a country / state that allows you to go that fast.

So great idea, but should be taken 10 steps further IMO (and IMO is coming from someone who has lost a friend, a cousin and his own mother to car accidents).
          [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
          So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

Read about this earlier. It's a great idea on all count imo. The only time you hearing music blaring from cars around here is when they listen to inane dance music with vocals by chipmunks.

Comment

they need that for 60% of ADULT drivers never mind the kids...

I'm not insane. I'm just overwhelming!

·····••••• Support Cainslair. Donate here!•••••·····
              ·····••••• and get extra options! •••••·····

Comment

Originally posted by Sirex View Post
                they need that for 60% of ADULT drivers never mind the kids...
                Too true. I want them to invent a new thing. Where if you don't indicate your steering wheel doesn't turn. I'm getting so PO'd with this lately, as very few people seem to use them anymore then think they have the right to beep and give you filthy looks because you can't mind read.

Comment

I think they should let me give drivers tests to people....there's be quite a few less out on the roads...with no chance to appeal. I understand forgetting something once in a while, heck, I do it myself, but to save lives and prevent all kinds of property damage (won't even get in to road rage) people really need to learn to be better drivers. Honestly, I wish there was about 10000% more police officers out there to just deal with drivers.
                  [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/Igorod/troopdod.jpg[/img]
                  [url=http://profile.xfire.com/trooper110][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/co/type/1/trooper110.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Hammy View Post
                    Lastly, the teenagers will find a way around it. They always do.
                    I did already, I'm taking my 600 watt speaker from my computer and attaching them to my car, I would be pumpin them thangs all da way uptown, my shizzl

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper110 View Post
                      I think they should let me give drivers tests to people....there's be quite a few less out on the roads...with no chance to appeal. I understand forgetting something once in a while, heck, I do it myself, but to save lives and prevent all kinds of property damage (won't even get in to road rage) people really need to learn to be better drivers. Honestly, I wish there was about 10000% more police officers out there to just deal with drivers.
                      Dude, if this forum allowed the language I could use to describe the police I would use it, but fear of the BanHammer stops me. Those "police" are useless group of people in the whole driving area. Stop crime instead of holding a stinkin radar to my car to see what speed I'm driving and give me a ticket you nut. And no I aint mad cuz they gave me a ticket for driving 90mph on Bellaire (speed limit is 35mph )

As for people who know how to drive? Then you won't find them here in America sadly, go to third world countries like Iraq and you will see truly the best drivers.... Man, I could go on and on about how slow you guys drive, or how slow you guys move at the green traffic light... I swear its like.......... look in front of you to see a car moving.... wait a minute.... let go of the brake...... wait another minute.... then start to accelerate at a rate of 5 miles per minute. I wish I could honk my horn at everyone, but you never know when there is a gang member or a police dude in front of u..... SERIOUSLY PEOPLE. DRIVE FASTER!

Comment

id have to agree with phant here.(cept the 90 in a 35) I normally go about 5-10 mph over the speed limit(live in Texas and the motto is dont slow Texas down) but most other drivers go the same except the few that decide to go 10-15 mph under the speed limit int he fast lane. Those are the ppl that need to get the tickets there the ones that cause all the accidents by changing lanes and still goin so slow when traffic is passing them by like there in park. Alas i also think that puttin a limit on the speed is also good i would say 90 just due to the fact that some of the interstates here are 80 mph for the long stretches that dont have many turns to them. They should make something sorta like GPS that will tell if ur on the interstate or in town and set the speed accordingly. As for the music i blast mine everything from the screaming music to country depends on what mood im in and i havent had an accident due to not hearing horns or anything of the such.

Comment

Be glad you weren't doing 90 in a 35 in Virginia. I learned (because of my 55 in a 35 that I have to go to court for next week) that you would certainly spend time in jail for that.

-Rand
                          [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                          Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR} View Post
                            Be glad you weren't doing 90 in a 35 in Virginia. I learned (because of my 55 in a 35 that I have to go to court for next week) that you would certainly spend time in jail for that.

-Rand
                            My brother lives in Virginia and his area got their speed limit for the highway down to 55 from 65, LOL I was laughing so hard at the poor fella.

@scooter, pump up that stero man, we own this, driving with one hand n looking cool is what we do... as for the poor 40+ year old guy who i was racing me on Bellaire, he got SMOKED!

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,817   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                            Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

Working...
                            X