UFC fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UFC fans?

I figured I'd post this. We've been waiting for this one. Yes because we love UFC but also for the cause. If you're interested.. tune in.

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=even...tCard&eid=1808
    So go on, go on be your own, go on be your own star!
    A superstar in my eyes!

I've been pretty disappointed with the UFC fights as of late. They are either too fast or they have no action.

When St-Pierre was in Montreal against MAtt Serra, I had the opportunity for 10th row tickets...but I would have to pay $400 (which was around the going rate). Thank god I didn't.

I'm curious to see Corey Hill again, loved him in the Ultimate Fighter.
    [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
    So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

I just saw one of the worst injuries I have ever seen in MMA in my years of watching.

In a pre-card fight, Corey Hill vs Dale Hartt.
      40 seconds into the second round, Hill breaks his leg and its pretty damn nasty

Its pretty graphic, but for those with a macabre sense of interest, check it out here
      UFC

Comment

I don't dare watch it. There was a guy last night that got his arm broke. He wouldn't tap out and the ref did call it but not soon enough.

I didn't like Hill but I'm sorry to hear that he got hurt like that.
        A superstar in my eyes!

Comment

Originally posted by BigTwinky View Post
          I've been pretty disappointed with the UFC fights as of late. They are either too fast or they have no action.

When St-Pierre was in Montreal against MAtt Serra, I had the opportunity for 10th row tickets...but I would have to pay $400 (which was around the going rate). Thank god I didn't.

I'm curious to see Corey Hill again, loved him in the Ultimate Fighter.
          They are slowing pacifying the matches- in 1995 the fights were real and they lasted forever. Now its just submission holds and grappling- not really the fighting it used to be....

I watch occasionally....it's just not the same anymore.

Comment

I admit many fights are not as entertaining but that is mainly due to the rules they have in place to, as they say, protect the fighters.

Take the now-bought-out-by-UFC Pride fighting. These guys allowed knees to the head when on the ground, the UFC doesn't. I think people were lucking back in the first Gracie days of UFC not to have killed someone, with the lethal force that many of these people had.

I do enjoy watching a good fight. The over-hyped main fights are often the more boring ones. I prefer MMA over boxing any day.

But yeah, most fighters are the same...standup, grappling, ju-jitsu, submissions and thats about it. You will have one that is better at something that the other, but gone are the days of the sumo vs the taekwondo vs the street fighter vs the boxer vs the wrestler.

Comment

Tried to watch it but couldn't.

I missed that one but I'm thankful I did
              A superstar in my eyes!

Comment

Pride !! Wow, those were some brutal matches. Watching Wanderlei knee some guy into submission was impressive. HDNet is carrying Dream now so I try and watch a few of those matches when its on.
                UFC just isn't interesting until they deal with the Fedor issue. Their heavyweight division is horribly thin compared to their dominating other divisions.
                Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

Very true. Their heavyweights, which are often a big crowd favorite, is suffering.

Ok, Brock is the champ. The guy is a beast who is mainly relying on size to win. Who else do you have? Nogueira, Mir, Gonzaga, Herring? Pretty sad.

Funny, I was just looking at their Heavyweight list on their website and they still list Dan Severn (70-13-7) in their fighter list. Is something in the works with him? His last fight was in 2001 (win), but the guy is 50. I guess if Couture can do it, so can Severn?

Light Heavyweights is where its at right now in the UFC

Comment

Severn ??? HAHAHAAAA ... WOW ... I remember his fight with Royce where it was nothing but Severn trying his GnP stuff, and there's lil 145lb Gracie rolling over that exposed Severn arm in his gi and ending it faster than you could blink ....

Maybe Severn is trainer on some level ? I think Big Nog would submit Lesnar if Brock did something dumb, and .. lets face it ... he doesn't have ANY submission block skills, he's just too raw and relying on size to get by. That leads to sloppy moves in the octagon, and you can't do that with some of the top submission guys.

Point being, on any given day, any guy can beat any top ranked fighter. All it takes is one lucky or sloppy move by one of the fighters.
                    Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

did you see ya boy break his leg?! that was sick!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
                        did you see ya boy break his leg?! that was sick!
                        I saw it...video provided here...

TMZ Video Gallery

It's the "You Gotta See This" clip. 3rd one down for me.
                        [url="http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/19030358"]Dracontius - North America - Summoners - League of Legends Statistics - lolking.net[/url] - My LoL stats etc

[URL="http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b6dbfab44e82"]http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b6dbfab44e82[/URL] - Use link if you want to play League of Legends.

Comment

Also included in my third post in the thread

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,184   Posts: 269,831   Members: 6,182   Active Members: 5
                          Welcome to our newest member, newiron09.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to BF4 new easter egg.. need to know moriss code
                            by newiron09
                            BTW on iOS use "Light Conversation", its an app from an artist...he spreaded it for light arrangements(stories in lights) in a city...propably...
                            15 Sep 2024, 09:24 AM
                          • Reply to Otterbox is 10 years old
                            by newiron09
                            Having tried many cases I've given up on expensive ones. Not convinced they are significantly better than an inexpensive gel case for 1/10 the money....
                            15 Sep 2024, 09:20 AM
                          Working...
                          X