Michigan State University == dumb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michigan State University == dumb

FOXNews.com - Michigan State University Student Faces Suspension for E-mailing Letter to Professors - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/Igorod/troopdod.jpg[/img]
    [url=http://profile.xfire.com/trooper110][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/co/type/1/trooper110.png[/img][/url]

The purpose of a University is education.
    But as we see here, Michigan State Univ. professors are pre-occupied with political power.

What the article doesnt show is:

#1 Is there an existing policy in place that creates a procedure for communicating with professors as a member of the student government?

#2 What is that policy?

#3 What is the actual objection of Spencer?

Without these three things I have a ton of conjecture and not enough fact. I know when I was in student government, we had a process of approval for communicating with professors. Just as the I was one of the members representing the interest of the entire Student community, so too is the Education Chair group the representatives for all the professors and teachers.

In thought on this, I think it is probably a violation of pre-determined conduct that Spencer is arguing on the pretense that "if I follow the rules I will never be heard" which is not the case at all. You can't break a rule based on an assumption, and use that as your factual evidence to defense. Freedom of Speech isnt really a defense if there are measures in place that you agreed upon, and in agreement, you actually limit those rights automatically.

Just my opinion.

Hammy

Comment

Originally posted by Hammy View Post
      The purpose of a University is education.
      But as we see here, Michigan State Univ. professors are pre-occupied with political power.

What the article doesnt show is:

#1 Is there an existing policy in place that creates a procedure for communicating with professors as a member of the student government?

#2 What is that policy?

#3 What is the actual objection of Spencer?

Without these three things I have a ton of conjecture and not enough fact. I know when I was in student government, we had a process of approval for communicating with professors. Just as the I was one of the members representing the interest of the entire Student community, so too is the Education Chair group the representatives for all the professors and teachers.

In thought on this, I think it is probably a violation of pre-determined conduct that Spencer is arguing on the pretense that "if I follow the rules I will never be heard" which is not the case at all. You can't break a rule based on an assumption, and use that as your factual evidence to defense. Freedom of Speech isnt really a defense if there are measures in place that you agreed upon, and in agreement, you actually limit those rights automatically.

Just my opinion.

Hammy
      Yep totally agree. Most likely whenever she signs on there is a banner declaring acceptable use of the schools network. If she violated them then she did wrong. Although suspending her (if thats what they do) seems a bit much.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,183   Posts: 269,819   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
      Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse