X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a 30D and love it.
    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Amen to everything BigTwinky said! I already had some Canon glass when I went digital, hence my decision for 30d. I almost thought about selling and starting over with Nikon but just couldn't justify it. I shoot some weddings and sports pictures with a local studio and they run Canon.

As far as point and shoot. I personally have the Canon Powershot SD870is. This little guy takes very good video, the audio is loud and clear, and its 8MP is more than enough for larger prints, say up 13x19 without alot of cropping. I paid under 200 for it.

Comment

When you are talking about semi-pro or pro dSLRs, you end up buying into a system...either Canon or Nikon. Olympys, Sony and Pentax have the dSLRs, but no professional line equipment.

Canon vs Nikon is like Mac vs PC. I would slap upside the head anyone who said Canon was better than Nikon or Nikon better than Canon when you are into the pro end of the dSLRs.

The companies outdo each other. For the last few years, Nikon has had an edge in high ISO. Canon released the 5D MkII, first with video. Nikon came back with some great bodies, D700 and D300. Canon came out with the 7D to match the low light shooting of the Nikons AND have a new autofocus system. And now Canon has the new 1d MkIV out, their top of the line camera. So Nikon will come out with something new.

Basically, the pendallum keeps swinging.

When someone asks me what dSLR to buy, I simply tell them to go to the store and hold the camera, play with the menus, buttons. Dont worry about image quality and so on, as if you are asking the question you wont be able to tell the difference. Play with what is the most comfortable for you....for me, that was Canon.
        [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
        So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

BT is correct. I also choose Canon but, either is good.
          Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
          Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
          I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
          Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

I'm curious what you more photography minded folks think about the Canon EOS Rebel T2i.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,184   Posts: 269,829   Members: 6,182   Active Members: 5
            Welcome to our newest member, newiron09.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to BF4 new easter egg.. need to know moriss code
              by newiron09
              BTW on iOS use "Light Conversation", its an app from an artist...he spreaded it for light arrangements(stories in lights) in a city...propably...
              15 Sep 2024, 09:24 AM
            • Reply to Otterbox is 10 years old
              by newiron09
              Having tried many cases I've given up on expensive ones. Not convinced they are significantly better than an inexpensive gel case for 1/10 the money....
              15 Sep 2024, 09:20 AM
            Working...
            X