Crud computer still broken....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crud computer still broken....

Editted: found a partial solution online now im having a different problem the windows file NFTS is missing or cant be found any easy fix for this? i have windows vista 32-bit. btw.
    Last edited by Pumpkin_Jack; 25 Jun 2010, 06:12 PM.

Alright the NFTS file is missing still and when i get it to launch(telling it to cancel searching) it loads windows and then freezes, although the mouse still moves.

Im so stumped im trying to get my new video card to work and i cant get my computer to boot right so i can install the drivers.

As always any and all help will be appreciated.

Comment

you tried doing it in safe mode? does vista even have a safe mode? Sorry i cant be more help. im better with physical and electrical issues( which are still physical) . Its those random missing files and lines of obscure code i have issues with.

Comment

Do you have the vista disk??? if so get to bios and have it boot to cd...put your disk in,when asked to boot from cd,hit any key.You should be able to repair windows.

Comment

Originally posted by MRDEATH[GoD]Gen View Post
          Do you have the vista disk??? if so get to bios and have it boot to cd...put your disk in,when asked to boot from cd,hit any key.You should be able to repair windows.
          yeah i think thats what i have to try after i find the disk.... dont you hate when you put something somewhere safe so you will remember it then you lose it... grrrrr....

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin_Jack View Post
            yeah i think thats what i have to try after i find the disk.... dont you hate when you put something somewhere safe so you will remember it then you lose it... grrrrr....
            Old age creeping up early.
            Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
            Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
            I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
            Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
              Old age creeping up early.
              Apache
              very early im still 16 lol.

Anyways I ran windows system restore/fix itself thing and now the only problem is when it loads windows it boots up alright and then i get a pop-up that says...

System Configuration
              You have used System Configuration to make changes to the way windows starts.
              System Configuration is currently in Diagnostic or Selective Startup mode.
              To start Windows normally and undo the changes you made, select Normal Startup on the General tab and restart your computer.
              [] Don't show this message or start System Configuration when Windows Starts
              [ok]

well i select the box next to don't and it freezes although my mouse can move, i select ok, same thing, select the windows start menu, same thing. Dont know what to do.

Comment

Do you have the disk??If so,then boot up from the cd....Then it should start the loading of files,it will check to see if you have windows installed.youll see first screen,it will give you options.Just hit enter,the second screen will give you options too,but here you can,do a fresh install, or repair windows....Repair Windows is what you want to do from here.

Comment

I decided to say screw it and re-installed windows am currently finding all my old drivers and files so i can re-install them

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,184   Posts: 269,831   Members: 6,182   Active Members: 5
                  Welcome to our newest member, newiron09.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to BF4 new easter egg.. need to know moriss code
                    by newiron09
                    BTW on iOS use "Light Conversation", its an app from an artist...he spreaded it for light arrangements(stories in lights) in a city...propably...
                    15 Sep 2024, 09:24 AM
                  • Reply to Otterbox is 10 years old
                    by newiron09
                    Having tried many cases I've given up on expensive ones. Not convinced they are significantly better than an inexpensive gel case for 1/10 the money....
                    15 Sep 2024, 09:20 AM
                  Working...
                  X