Just too freaking cool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darth_nevus View Post
    correct me if i am wrong, but doesn't vista business & ultimate run bitlocker by default? i've used the CD rom with a linux distro for "recovering 'lost' passwords", but, it seems the once the actual drive is encrypted, noting short of actually booting vista would unencrypt it.

i remember back in the day using a Pgp script to decrypt/encrypt a majority of the HD prior to windows booting. that was fun. time consuming, but fun.

BTW, for anyone not having read this, its great for a good laugh, but also very true.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/arc....mspx?mfr=true

but, can anyone dispute the fact that after installing ANY version of windows, they violate one of these laws?
    The point here with the firewire hack is you don't have to reboot the machine. Y Since the box is already up and now you have root or admin on the running box you can copy the passwd file or the registry hive files to where ever you want to for later brute forcing.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,184   Posts: 269,831   Members: 6,182   Active Members: 5
    Welcome to our newest member, newiron09.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to BF4 new easter egg.. need to know moriss code
      by newiron09
      BTW on iOS use "Light Conversation", its an app from an artist...he spreaded it for light arrangements(stories in lights) in a city...propably...
      15 Sep 2024, 09:24 AM
    • Reply to Otterbox is 10 years old
      by newiron09
      Having tried many cases I've given up on expensive ones. Not convinced they are significantly better than an inexpensive gel case for 1/10 the money....
      15 Sep 2024, 09:20 AM
    Working...
    X