It died..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mapes View Post
    Hard to say. If you have some compact flash lying around you could try to swap it and then try to reinitialize it just to see it it's the drive. Usually you still get the frowny iPod icon with a bad drive. To me it sounds like the battery is bad or other power probems. do you get the charging ICON on the LCD?

Nope. No charging icon, no nothing on the display, not even a backlight. When you press any of the buttons you hear a click or chirp sound and thats about all she'll do.

I've seen a bunch of Black Marketeers driving around in WHITE vans down in West Palm. They'd pull up and open the side door like a drive by shooting and say "Hey man c'mere, you wanna buy some speakers?" You'd say no thanks.. they'd drive away just as quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by -IRC-MIKE View Post
      Nope. No charging icon, no nothing on the display, not even a backlight. When you press any of the buttons you hear a click or chirp sound and thats about all she'll do.

I've seen a bunch of Black Marketeers driving around in WHITE vans down in West Palm. They'd pull up and open the side door like a drive by shooting and say "Hey man c'mere, you wanna buy some speakers?" You'd say no thanks.. they'd drive away just as quickly.
      I think you won on both counts......Your drive is toast and the lcd is toast...or maybe the whole PCB is dead. If you want I have an Ipod mini LCD lying around you could have. I don't have a use for it and I don't know if it's the right sized LCD...but, your welcome to it.

Comment

Thanks mapes. Let me see if I can get this thing apart without destroying it first, and if I do, I might take you up on that. If I utterly destroy this ipod I'd save that thing if I were you. I have never taken an Ipod apart... on second thought, Idk if the ipod mini screen will fit in the regular ipod 60gb. I'll look and see if I can get the thing apart without breaking something first.

Comment

Originally posted by BigTwinky View Post
          My headphone jack got borked on my ipod. Its like it was stretched or something so the connection wouldn't always be there. I would have to move the jack on my headphones for it to make some contact with something inside to enable me to hear some sound.

I should really look into fixing that...

Oh, and when I was a kid, I always though the black market was some dark van that drove around with stolen VCRs in it. So everytime I would see a dark van with tinted windows, I would think its the black market.
          LOL!
          You were a crazy little guy. Stolen VCRs. hahah!
          Ok, so I have not done anything with it yet. But yesterday I decided to see what it would act like. so I turn it on and for a bit it is actually working again. It was making the clicking noise still, but it worked for about a minute. Then it froze again.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,184   Posts: 269,831   Members: 6,182   Active Members: 5
          Welcome to our newest member, newiron09.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to BF4 new easter egg.. need to know moriss code
            by newiron09
            BTW on iOS use "Light Conversation", its an app from an artist...he spreaded it for light arrangements(stories in lights) in a city...propably...
            15 Sep 2024, 09:24 AM
          • Reply to Otterbox is 10 years old
            by newiron09
            Having tried many cases I've given up on expensive ones. Not convinced they are significantly better than an inexpensive gel case for 1/10 the money....
            15 Sep 2024, 09:20 AM
          Working...
          X