Problems Posted on abit site.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems Posted on abit site.

I already posted this on Abit's website but I'll copy and paste it here since nobody over at abit's support forums seems to ever be online. In fact someone on their site asked the same question a year ago this month and STILL not a single response.

Have a problem hoping someone could help me find out what these beep codes mean.

It has the following specs

Abit KN9 SLI socket 940
    Nvidia Geforce 7950 GT SINGLE video card (the other one died the week the warranty went out)
    4 x 1 Gigabyte sticks of ram (Corsair cm2x1024-6400 800mhz)
    Sound blaster XFI graphics card
    water cooler for the processor by CoolerMaster
    PSU 1000w Antec TPQ-1000 (True Power Quattro)

We had a lan party at my computer shop the night before and my friend took it home with him and was planning on coming back the next day. He put the pc in his truck and left it over night when he got home. He brought it in here (my computer shop) the next day and plugged it all up and nothing showed on the monitor. We had noticed the day before that it was taking a long time to open anything and was acting kinda nutty. Cyberpower PC never responded to anything I have mailed them about it.

Anyway, I did not have a system speaker plugged into the board, so I plugged it up to troubleshoot and hoping to get a beep code I removed EVERYTHING except the video card. I took out the memory to verify beep codes were present before continuing.

I powered on the system, and of course I have ONE BEEP that lasts about 1 second about every 4 seconds or so. Fine and good.

I powered off and put one memory stick in and here is where the system is at currently. I am getting a constant beep that alternates between a high and low level tone. I have tried moving the rails on the PSU to different things and unplugging everything all together.

I have the 7950 GT video card plugged in and have a 12v plug in the card.

What do these alternating beeps mean? I just want to see if I can get something on the monitor, but can these beeps be related to video problems or even absent video.

Usually, when I get a pc I like to test everything out to see what various beep codes I receive by doing different things so that I know what the problem is. This PC is a friend of mine's and I unfortunately haven't had that pleasure and I don't have any motherboard similar so that I can compare beeps with.

Anybody have any Ideas or have experience with this? I'd greatly appreciate it if anyone has any advice I could follow.

I really appreciate your time.
    Right after I made this post I made another here:

Update:

As I made that post, I took out a memory stick to make sure of the brand, and plugged it back in to complete the post.

Now when I turn it on, it gives a single One Second beeeeeeeep every four seconds.

This is weird. I didn't do anything different and now the beep changes?

I unplugged that memory stick and plugged in another to see if it was the memory stick, and it was alternating beeping again.

Put another stick in and alternating beeps.

Put the original back in and alternating beeps still.

I tried different sticks one by one and put a single stick in different slots, and I did not get it to go back to single beeps again.
    Anybody got any ideas?

I got it all Ironed Out.

Particularly, the bios needed flashing and the PC never had a system speaker on it. After I plugged it in and did a few things to sucessfully reset the motherboard among other things I finally got the thing to boot to the bios utility. This thing has a Coolermaster Aqua Mini cooling system. That loud ass siren sound (after I dug up an old mobo speaker) was present due to the fact that the system CPU doesn't have a FAN on it and the BIOS has a setting for the "FAN Fail Alarm Selectable" which was enabled. Disabling this ended my suicidal tendencies.

Now I have to flash the bios.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,184   Posts: 269,831   Members: 6,182   Active Members: 5
    Welcome to our newest member, newiron09.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to BF4 new easter egg.. need to know moriss code
      by newiron09
      BTW on iOS use "Light Conversation", its an app from an artist...he spreaded it for light arrangements(stories in lights) in a city...propably...
      15 Sep 2024, 09:24 AM
    • Reply to Otterbox is 10 years old
      by newiron09
      Having tried many cases I've given up on expensive ones. Not convinced they are significantly better than an inexpensive gel case for 1/10 the money....
      15 Sep 2024, 09:20 AM
    Working...
    X