Sprint AIR Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sprint AIR Card

My parents can't get DSL in their location...and they think Cable is too expensive, so they are opting for the "Air Card"

Which is better, the USB Aircard or the PCMCIA card?

What do you have to say about this service, is it pretty nice for those who are still on Dial-up?

Friend of ours has it and they think it's great.

Is that the cellular card for your computer? Cause all the experience I have with them they suck horribly. Bad and broken connections, slow speeds, at times as slowly as dial up or worse. My opinion, convice them to get cable, much nicer solution.
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/Igorod/troopdod.jpg[/img]
    [url=http://profile.xfire.com/trooper110][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/co/type/1/trooper110.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper110 View Post
      Is that the cellular card for your computer? Cause all the experience I have with them they suck horribly. Bad and broken connections, slow speeds, at times as slowly as dial up or worse. My opinion, convice them to get cable, much nicer solution.
      Speed and reliability of connection vary by provider. None of then will be even remotely reliable as cable (or other landline), especially if you are trying to do something like large file transfers/online gaming. I don't believe any of the providers has a network setup to handle heavy wireless data usage, though most are going to be better than modem speeds at least.

How can an AIR Card be cheaper than Cable internet? Wireless card plans through Sprint cost $60 for unlimited usage. That's some pretty darn expensive cable if that's the case. (or their getting a killer deal)

As for USB vs PCMCIA, I'm guessing the card would be better than the usb dongle. At the very least, it will be more robust/less prone to breakage.

Comment

My friend has the USB one and it works great. Youtube clips load just as fast as any other connections I've seen. I guess signal strength should be a consideration.

USB or PCMCIA doesn't matter, it still a big chunk of silicon real estate hanging off.

Last edited by Devilguns; 30 Apr 2008, 07:05 PM. Reason: to include picture
        Old school or the new, doesn't mean a thing if your heart's not true...

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,184   Posts: 269,831   Members: 6,182   Active Members: 5
        Welcome to our newest member, newiron09.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to BF4 new easter egg.. need to know moriss code
          by newiron09
          BTW on iOS use "Light Conversation", its an app from an artist...he spreaded it for light arrangements(stories in lights) in a city...propably...
          15 Sep 2024, 09:24 AM
        • Reply to Otterbox is 10 years old
          by newiron09
          Having tried many cases I've given up on expensive ones. Not convinced they are significantly better than an inexpensive gel case for 1/10 the money....
          15 Sep 2024, 09:20 AM
        Working...
        X