No announcement yet.

Xp Sp3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where can i get this?? and do you lose any of your files or programs installed while installing sp3? i dont wanna lose anything.
    Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

its more like a rollup than a service pack imo, should show on windows update if its not coming up on automatic updates.

i havent noticed any big changes or lost anything

Comment

I updated last week and haven't had any problems (other than needing the new uxtheme). Seems to boot up a little faster (boot up programs in different order)

Comment

My 'start up' time after login is a lil quicker, but not by much, I load a container ships worth of applications at startup, most of which are very intensive starters....
          Dunno why, guess I like them near by...

Making myself a 'timed startup' proggie that will take each of my startup items and run them at an interval instead of the normal delay windows uses.

I'm not insane. I'm just overwhelming!

·····••••• Support Cainslair. Donate here!•••••·····
          ·····••••• and get extra options! •••••·····

Comment

Everything seems to be fine on mine. I did get a non responsive IE one time, but I don't think it was the SP3.
            [IMG]http://thepebkac.net/images/sigs/Outdoors_sig.jpg[/IMG]
            Like the community? Donate here:
            [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate[/URL]

Comment

i installed it, but im having issues. my games dont seen to like the patch, i been having problems with few games with late respond (game not reacting to actual time) and bunch of errors on game console which never happened before. is sp3 has to do with any game server components as its a different version? also with firefox its running slow.

Comment

Originally posted by RuThLeSsKiLLa View Post
                i installed it, but im having issues. my games dont seen to like the patch, i been having problems with few games with late respond (game not reacting to actual time) and bunch of errors on game console which never happened before. is sp3 has to do with any game server components as its a different version? also with firefox its running slow.
                Complete computer specs along with a list of what your normally running (task manager/processes) could help us track the problem down.
                [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

Comment

edit: nvm. it working fine for me now. i fixed it
                  Last edited by AmazingRedd; 13 May 2008, 08:28 PM.

Comment

I have it on my wife's PC (my PC run's Vista). I have been running it a while (since RC2) with no problems.

Comment

So far so good.

Comment

whats xp?is that one of those old operating systems?i had to pic.i had xp for a while,and absolutely hated it.i installed it on a new machine,and must have missed something,because it had nothing but problems.conflicts installing almost anything.i ended up just buying an hp with vista on it.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,184   Posts: 269,831   Members: 6,182   Active Members: 5
                        Welcome to our newest member, newiron09.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to BF4 new easter egg.. need to know moriss code
                          by newiron09
                          BTW on iOS use "Light Conversation", its an app from an artist...he spreaded it for light arrangements(stories in lights) in a city...propably...
                          15 Sep 2024, 09:24 AM
                        • Reply to Otterbox is 10 years old
                          by newiron09
                          Having tried many cases I've given up on expensive ones. Not convinced they are significantly better than an inexpensive gel case for 1/10 the money....
                          15 Sep 2024, 09:20 AM
                        Working...
                        X