Good NON-Gaming Laptop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good NON-Gaming Laptop

My parents are in the market for a new Computer...and they want a laptop.....what is a good laptop at a brick and mortar store you can get in the local area?

I suggested DELL, but are there stores that sell DELLS?

With a NICE bigger screen.

There are a few Dell stores and Dell stands in a couple of malls in big cities. Dell is best found in tech stores like Best Buy, Circuit City or PC Richards. If you are still interested in Dell (especially if you have something specific in mind that stores do not carry), I recommend you call their 1800 number (the little stands are not really trained in custom laptops).

Now, since you want something very VERY basic (word processing, e-mail, internet) then I recommend you check out used laptops. Good luck
    [img]http://www.fpsreport.com/tuqui/Sig01.jpg[/img]

Comment

HP offers a wide variety of good laptops too...the laptop I bought my wife is a HP AMD 64 X2 and we have had no issues with it and it was only 1600 cdn

Comment

While a few years ago I would of avoided Dell, my wife bought a Dell laptop and has had to use their tech support and I've been impressed. They have made some good progress.

Not the cheapest things, but you can get something basic but good. However, if your parents aren't very tech savy, might want to look at the 3 year support plan, which can add to the price.

On the Dell site, you can get a 17" laptop, dual core, 1g ram, 120g HD, 1 year return to depot service, for like $750
        [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
        So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,184   Posts: 269,829   Members: 6,182   Active Members: 5
        Welcome to our newest member, newiron09.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to BF4 new easter egg.. need to know moriss code
          by newiron09
          BTW on iOS use "Light Conversation", its an app from an artist...he spreaded it for light arrangements(stories in lights) in a city...propably...
          15 Sep 2024, 09:24 AM
        • Reply to Otterbox is 10 years old
          by newiron09
          Having tried many cases I've given up on expensive ones. Not convinced they are significantly better than an inexpensive gel case for 1/10 the money....
          15 Sep 2024, 09:20 AM
        Working...
        X