No announcement yet.

Video Card Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, that means you now need another power supply if you want to upgrade the 8600. That 16a is lower than even my old crappy Thermaltake 430 unit that had 18a on the +12 rail.

You really are at your absolute limit with the existing 8600 card. No way that the GTX260 would even power up in your current rig. Trying to go budget for you, I'd recommend the Corsair 450VX for around $55 (give or take) from Buy.com.
    Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

i recently upgraded my PSU, newEgg is having some amazing deals if you buy a case with it

Comment

How fast is your CPU?
        I have 2 8800 gts 512mb cards in my system with an AMD x2 4800+ and it cant handle them both unless the game is not cpu intensive.
        My 3dmark score went up like 800 points when I added the second gpu. Before you upgrade anything how fast is your cpu? What motherboard are you using. Ram etc...
        Sometimes a cpu upgrade will do more then a gpu upgrade. Current pricing means you could build a system faster then my current gaming rig for about $250 for CPU/Mobo/ram...
        To bad i spent $800 on my cpu 3 years ago

Do your best to save our economy and Buy more parts:P
        I have a new rig cumming this week from the egg so lets just see what those 8800 gts cards can do for an E8500.

Comment

That Was another definant thing that i wanted to do becasue i only have a 3.6 single core intel what i was thinking of doing is getting a quad core since they seem to be runnig the same price as the dual core mabey i will have to start a new thread for this one

Comment

Originally posted by smokeyb View Post
            That Was another definant thing that i wanted to do becasue i only have a 3.6 single core intel what i was thinking of doing is getting a quad core since they seem to be runnig the same price as the dual core mabey i will have to start a new thread for this one
            Sounds good. Start a new thread with a budget and we'll spec you up.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,184   Posts: 269,829   Members: 6,182   Active Members: 5
            Welcome to our newest member, newiron09.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to BF4 new easter egg.. need to know moriss code
              by newiron09
              BTW on iOS use "Light Conversation", its an app from an artist...he spreaded it for light arrangements(stories in lights) in a city...propably...
              15 Sep 2024, 09:24 AM
            • Reply to Otterbox is 10 years old
              by newiron09
              Having tried many cases I've given up on expensive ones. Not convinced they are significantly better than an inexpensive gel case for 1/10 the money....
              15 Sep 2024, 09:20 AM
            Working...
            X