new tweaks in patch from bf3 blog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SighKoPath View Post
    It was on Seine Crossing. And, MAVs have the same out of bounds timer as infantry, so you can't really take them into spawns effectively.

It got so bad with that guy that I switched to recon with my own MAV, just to keep destroying his.
    IRV scope easily spots mavs as well.

Comment

And, MAVs have the same out of bounds timer as infantry, so you can't really take them into spawns effectively.
      I found out something funny about this thing. If you exit the MAV before the 10 timer runs out, and get back in it again, it gives you a whole new 10 second count. So you can kill them, it's just not as easy and most of all I don't want to change kits so I can kill some douchebag hiding in his base.

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
        I found out something funny about this thing. If you exit the MAV before the 10 timer runs out, and get back in it again, it gives you a whole new 10 second count. So you can kill them, it's just not as easy and most of all I don't want to change kits so I can kill some douchebag hiding in his base.
        god forbid you actually played as something other then sniper.

Comment

Maybe they will fix the Perma-bind of Q to the commo rose.
          A change of Pace.
          "All the fun of a clan without the BS" - Cain

Comment

It was on Seine Crossing. And, MAVs have the same out of bounds timer as infantry, so you can't really take them into spawns effectively.

It got so bad with that guy that I switched to recon with my own MAV, just to keep destroying his.
            He also played both rounds of Bazaar.
            Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
            Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
            I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
            Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by paceman View Post
              Maybe they will fix the Perma-bind of Q to the commo rose.
              Mine is C? It's your spot key, just like it was in BF2, so you can bind it to whatever you want.

Comment

Yes I've bound it to another key. And I've bound Q to be crouch, which it does, But it also is STILL the commo rose. Apparently it is permanently bound to that key even if you change it.
                A change of Pace.

Comment

Yep. If you get this third-party settings editor, there's a checkbox on the last tab that will fully unbind spot from the Q key: BF3 Settings Editor - Realmware BF3 Tools

Comment

Yep. If you get this third-party settings editor, there's a checkbox on the last tab that will fully unbind spot from the Q key: BF3 Settings Editor - Realmware BF3 Tools
                    Giving it a try now.
                    A change of Pace.

Comment

That worked great. Took a little getting used to how it works, but very cool tool.

Fixed a couple of problems. Q now works as I want.

MAV will now fly!

Now, what the heck good is the MAV except for spotting? Can you shoot someone? Can you laze targets for javs? I'm not figuring out it's uses except spotting.
                      A change of Pace.

Comment

Pace you can kill people, soflams or mavs. zoom in and hold down something ... can't remember and they blow up(not the people).

Someone else will tell you.

Oh I just learned something the other day the amtrac gunner seat has 2 weapons. The mortar and a machine gun. DOH how did I miss that .

Comment

You can run over people with it. The other day one guy was getting 50 + kills and no deaths sitting in spawn using the MAV.
                          Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                          Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                          I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                          Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

The best thing you can do with it is kill the soflams of the other team. Or spotting for your squad when they are on a flag. It also has a motion sensor on it so you don't have to call out each person right under the MAV.

If your going for the assignments you need a number of spots using it.

Comment

You can:

1. Spot people, it also has a motion sensor effective up to ~50 feet radius.
                              2. Destroy Soflams, spawns beacons, and tugs. It will lock on to those targets and they will be destroyed (Press left click when fully locked on).
                              3. Destroy claymores, haven't been able to blow up C4 yet, but I haven't tried too many times.
                              4. Run people over. You need to hit them while full speed and horizontal. If you don't kill them, you will make them move. I once made someone commit suicide on top of Karkand when I pushed him off the roof.
                              5. To be fixed next patch, you can climb on the Mav and go up vertically.

Comment

Really low ceiling in Bazzar. You can't fly the MAV over the buildings.
                                A change of Pace.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,184   Posts: 269,831   Members: 6,182   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, newiron09.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to BF4 new easter egg.. need to know moriss code
                                  by newiron09
                                  BTW on iOS use "Light Conversation", its an app from an artist...he spreaded it for light arrangements(stories in lights) in a city...propably...
                                  15 Sep 2024, 09:24 AM
                                • Reply to Otterbox is 10 years old
                                  by newiron09
                                  Having tried many cases I've given up on expensive ones. Not convinced they are significantly better than an inexpensive gel case for 1/10 the money....
                                  15 Sep 2024, 09:20 AM
                                Working...
                                X