No announcement yet.

Revisitng Assault class and ramblings about aim and Naval Strike DLC weapons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revisitng Assault class and ramblings about aim and Naval Strike DLC weapons

Wdup fam, wanted to put my brain to use and talk about a round I just had revisiting the Assault class and also some things that dawned on me playing Caspian Borders 2014.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4...872/920009716/

Playing Engi for a long time now, I decided to try out Assault after I unlocked the Naval Strike weapon the AR 160. I'll get back to my review of that in a second.

In this specific round I played I focused on listening to squad leader, who was an engi himself and working with our other squadmate, an assault class like me. Squad leader was great, we relayed back and forth between 3 objectives which were more suited for our squad makeup which was majority Assault class. we were always on foot and back and forth we went, capturing, defending, recapturing etc. He chose the objectives that were geared more towards shootouts, heavily wooded, easy to flank, etc. It worked out perfectly and we were a well oiled machine. Even when an objective needed to be captured, if it meant we would be disadvantaged vs. tanks or air, he would not tell us to cap it.

Squad leader should consider squad class make up and choose accordingly which objectives to capture, that's to our benefit.

Now one thing that lots of you probably already know is when it comes to aiming, 10-30 meters away, if the target is moving, ADS and burst. The best accuracy comes from bursting. Once they take cover or stop to analyze surroundings, then you can shoot automatic while compensating the specific weapon's muzzle flip and recoil. This helps tremendously.

Burst at moving targets, once they stop moving, switch to full auto while moving crosshair to compensate the weapon's recoil.

It was one of my only times i reached over 10K points in a round and one of the first times I felt I had control over my engagements. This was due to good objective choices by squad leader, and basic shooting technique.

Naval Strike weapons

My review of the new Assault Class weapon AR-160 comes with positive feedback. I believe it's unlocked by getting

3 Assault Rifle Ribbons
    20 Headshots with Assault Rifles

The AR-160 has average recoil from what I saw and good rate of fire at 700. The benefit is increased range which I assume meant the velocity is quite high on this gun. It is a solid choice with good reload speed and 30+1 rounds per mag. It's a good assault rifle.

Also tons of people are currently trying to unlock the new Naval Strike pistol, .40 SW. The way you can unlock that is 10 RGO impact grenade kills, so you will probably see lots of people using RGOs now.

I also hear the new LMG, AWS is super nice. 800 rate of fire, 100 rounds, average damage. I haven't unlocked it yet but I am hearing lots of good things about that. You can unlock that by:

3 LMG Ribbons
    Destroy 3 Vehicles as Support

If you are a Premium user, you can begin unlocking these weapons now. These weapons are available for everyone once Naval Strike releases and you are able to play the DLC.

Just really happy with my best Assault performance today and wanted to share some thoughts. See yall soon

dont forget the awesome anti heli mine with x3 pdw ribbons and shooting down 5 attack choppers with rocket launchers

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,184   Posts: 269,829   Members: 6,182   Active Members: 5
    Welcome to our newest member, newiron09.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to BF4 new easter egg.. need to know moriss code
      by newiron09
      BTW on iOS use "Light Conversation", its an app from an artist...he spreaded it for light arrangements(stories in lights) in a city...propably...
      15 Sep 2024, 09:24 AM
    • Reply to Otterbox is 10 years old
      by newiron09
      Having tried many cases I've given up on expensive ones. Not convinced they are significantly better than an inexpensive gel case for 1/10 the money....
      15 Sep 2024, 09:20 AM
    Working...
    X