awaiting key code authorization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

awaiting key code authorization

is any one else having a problem with this? I'm having a hard time connecting any where!

I haven't had this problem, so maybe somebody else will provide a better answer for you.

If you want ideas to try, here is a fairly comprehensive & smart list that I found: http://www.lanpartyguide.com/windows.html

Their first item on the list is to turn off your firewall. But I've never had to do that to fix a game connection issue. I like my firewall.

Good Luck!

Comment

I get it every now and then, it usually goes away after a few minutes.
      Old school or the new, doesn't mean a thing if your heart's not true...

Comment

thanks, i already read that page yesterday and none of it really applied to me.

Comment

Yer it happens to me every couple of days.

Comment

so, this is a typical clip from my server log when this happens. it looks like CoD4 is overloading my router with requests.

Jan 14 15:56:38 2008 System Log Message daemon.info failed queueing 952 messages

Jan 14 15:56:39 2008 System Log Message daemon.info failed queueing 1382 messages

Jan 14 15:56:41 2008 System Log Message daemon.info failed queueing 1360 messages

Jan 14 15:56:42 2008 System Log Message daemon.info failed queueing 1336 messages

Jan 14 15:56:43 2008 System Log Message daemon.info failed queueing 1358 messages

Jan 14 15:56:45 2008 System Log Message daemon.info failed queueing 1360 messages

Jan 14 15:56:46 2008 System Log Message daemon.info failed queueing 1384 messages

Jan 14 15:56:48 2008 System Log Message daemon.info failed queueing 1320 messages

Jan 14 15:56:49 2008 System Log Message daemon.info failed queueing 1342 messages

Jan 14 15:56:51 2008 System Log Message daemon.info failed queueing 1362 messages

Jan 14 15:56:52 2008 System Log Message daemon.info failed queueing 1360 messages

Jan 14 15:56:55 2008 System Log Message daemon.info failed queueing 1378 messages

Jan 14 15:56:56 2008 System Log Message daemon.info failed queueing 1358 messages

Jan 14 15:56:58 2008 System Log Message daemon.info failed queueing 1340 messages

Jan 14 15:56:58 2008 System Log Message daemon.info failed queueing 376 messages

Jan 14 15:58:57 2008 System Log Message daemon.info failed queueing 812 messages

Jan 14 15:58:59 2008 System Log Message daemon.info failed queueing 1362 messages

Jan 14 15:59:00 2008 System Log Message daemon.info failed queueing 1402 messages

Jan 14 15:59:02 2008 System Log Message daemon.info failed queueing 1398 messages

Jan 14 15:59:03 2008 System Log Message daemon.info failed queueing 1338 messages

Jan 14 15:59:05 2008 System Log Message daemon.info failed queueing 1358 messages

Jan 14 15:59:06 2008 System Log Message daemon.info failed queueing 1360 messages

Jan 14 15:59:07 2008 System Log Message daemon.info failed queueing 962 messages

Jan 14 15:59:08 2008 System Log Message daemon.info failed queueing 1366 messages

Jan 14 15:59:09 2008 System Log Message daemon.info failed queueing 354 messages

Comment

Originally posted by drunken_chef
              so, this is a typical clip from my server log when this happens. it looks like CoD4 is overloading my router with requests.

Jan 14 15:56:38 2008 System Log Message daemon.info failed queueing 952 messages

Jan 14 15:56:39 2008 System Log Message daemon.info failed queueing 1382 messages
              It's hard to say what those messages represent. It could be notification the the syslog daemon on your router is actually overloaded. I don't think it's COD4 DoSing your router though something else maybe...

Comment

CoD4 is the only thing that does this. in fact, my internet connection is dead for about 5 minutes after i log off. not just on my machine but any on my LAN. if i log onto the router it says I'm connected to the net.

Comment

Just out of curiosity whats the router?

Comment

it's an actiontec MI424WR

afaik it's made for and only used by fios.

http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/content/view/30022/51/

Comment

quoted from that review

"The main disappointment will be for P2P users, since I was able to get only 96 simultaneous connections to successfully complete the one minute test, and even that took the maximum three attempts."

Comment

quoted from that review

"The main disappointment will be for P2P users, since I was able to get only 96 simultaneous connections to successfully complete the one minute test, and even that took the maximum three attempts."
                        Interesting review! The guys actually used network performance gear I've used before (Chariot). I think your right the TCP/IP stack on that box sounds kinda gimped if it only allows up to 96 TCP connections. Hell you could dos that with a PDA

Comment

ok, if you can figure out how i can stop CoD from doing it you'll be a star in my eyes

Comment

ok, if you can figure out how i can stop CoD from doing it you'll be a star in my eyes
                            Hmm let me take a packet capture and see whats what?

Comment

Hey Drunken

Just out of curiosity did you buy COD4 through steam? Cause thats how I got mine.

Initial packet analysis shows steam doing a bunch of background HTTP stuff. I started the capture before firing off COD4 and after launching steam. I then connected to the CLR TDM server. What I saw is that when COD4 launches It does a bunch DNS lookups. When you connect to a server it uses UDP . The odd thing is either steam or COD4 uses the ICMP (ping) protocol to transfer some type of data. I havn't had a chance to look into more than that since I had to go to work this morning. I am kinda curious about this.

The first step that I could suggest off the top of my head is to make sure you are using your ISPs fastest DNS servers. I assume that COD4 has to connect to the key servers and it's possible that the DNS requests are timing out while it's still trying to resolve the hostnames of the key servers. Just a thought.

BTW I don't think this problem is related to the fact that the router can only have up to 96 TCP connections as COD4 and DNS uses UDP. However if your using steam then it might due to the fact that steam uses HTTP protocol and the HTTP protocol uses TCP. A quick and dirty test would be to load steam up and wait a while till steam is done doing all of it's updates and then launch COD4 and try connecting.

I'll look into it more to night....I'm actually curious

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,817   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

Working...
                              X