Newbie type questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie type questions

Well, I broke down and got COD4 and am glad I did! Man, it's awesome. Anyway, it's good to be playing back at the lair, but I have some questions:

1. If I play on my work computer (the boss allows it) and my home computer, should I shuttle a flash drive between the two to accumulate points quicker? Any easier way?

2. How do I get "{CLR}" in front of my name, and do I have to start all over again accumulating points?

Thanks in advance,
    Nomer

1. Not sure tbh
    2. When you load the MP game go to options, multiplayer options, then back space your name out and add the {CLR} tag. You won't loose any stats.

Comment

Re: Newbie type questions

Originally posted by Ms.Nomer
      Well, I broke down and got COD4 and am glad I did! Man, it's awesome. Anyway, it's good to be playing back at the lair, but I have some questions:

1. If I play on my work computer (the boss allows it) and my home computer, should I shuttle a flash drive between the two to accumulate points quicker? Any easier way?

2. How do I get "{CLR}" in front of my name, and do I have to start all over again accumulating points?

Thanks in advance,
      Nomer
      In regards to question 1...the only way u could do it is copy ur players folder from ur home rig onto flash drive and copy it in ur COD4 folder on work rig...then after playing recopy player folder and copy back to home and keep doing that everytime u switch systems

Comment

Yep, like he said just copy the profiles to the flashdrive and paste it to what ever computer you will be playing on and that will copy you stats, unlocks, ranks, etc etc. That info is only kept client side so its the only way to keep 1 soldier up to date on 2 machines.

But you have to do it every time unless you will be playing on the same pc.
        ex. if you are off and your playing at home, no need to use the flash drive that day, until the last time you play so when you goto work you will be able to cont that soldier.

Comment

Originally posted by Premonition
          But you have to do it every time unless you will be playing on the same pc.
          ex. if you are off and your playing at home, no need to use the flash drive that day, until the last time you play so when you goto work you will be able to cont that soldier.
          Thanx for adding that in

Comment

I use a flash drive for this and the only problem I had is when i left it home on my last trip. I had just unlocked the p90 too.

BTW. It's good to see you back here Nomer.
            [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
            Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Glad to see you back Nomer.
              Do you still play with a track ball?
              Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
              Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
              I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
              Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

thanks

thanks for the replys and info.

still trackballing,
                (although I bought a new one, same kind, just new)

Nomer

Comment

I use a trackball all the time, but i think this game is better with a regular gaming mouse... IMO

Comment

If you ever get the chance to see what he can do with a track ball you would be amazed. In CS he had a jump 180 that made people think he was hacking.
                    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Re: Newbie type questions

Originally posted by Ms.Nomer
                      You can just zip/email your profile back and forth, it's pretty small. Still a manual process, the developers dropped the ball by keeping profiles local instead of on a central server.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,817   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                      Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

Working...
                      X