X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AUTO ASSIGN PLEASE

Guys, Ever wonder why it is sometimes grossly uneven on a round
    or series of rounds?

Because people are Selecting ONE SIDE, rather than autopick.
    So you get a bunch of kick B..T players on one side, and totally
    rapes the round or rounds.

I'm not saying you can't play with your buddy or buddies, but
    it comes to the point where it isn't any fun on the "Other" side,
    and people LEAVE.

I can understand a bunch of CLR's wanting to play together on one side.
    Heck, that's why we are here, is to play together. I can enjoy being on
    the other side, and killing the CLR's.
    Errr.. and getting killed too.

It isn't so critical on HQ server, as it all balances out one way or another.

I usually play several rounds mornings, and its sometimes pretty bad.
    All the newby players or mediocre players (And yes, I Are One of those),
    got stuck on one side for instance, and the other side pretty
    much dominates round after round. You could see people leaving after
    awhile.

Perhaps they had to go to school or work, but that happens during the day also and on weekends.

Noone wants to be totally flogged round after round. Especially true for
    new players that will get their heads handed to them Anyway. At least
    they could be on a winning side from time to time, even if their K/D sucks.

Since I'm working on my sniper dodads, I'm not going to be a K/D
    leader anyway most of the time. Then again, I'm not a big
    believer in K/D ratio's, as long as we have fun. I never did
    worry about it in 2142 either, as long as the Team won, or the objective
    was achieved. Just a rant about letting new players have a chance.

Just my
    ??Click me to donate??

I usually use Auto Assign, but it doesn't always work right either. The other night I joined, chose auto assign, started playing, then got switched to the other side after about 1 minute.
    [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

You bring up a great point man...I see this all the time as well and I also see allot of ppl leaving...good post

Comment

I haven't clicked on anything OTHER than Auto Assign. Its a game, unlike life which has no auto assign option, so make it a tight game that comes down to the last few seconds, with a score of 2900-2800 and each team is proud of the way it played, which sure beats these 2900-1860 games where its quite clear one team is short at least two players most of the game.
        Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

I always auto assign. Every map every round!

Comment

The best rounds are the 2900/2890 type rounds, I agree.

Sometimes you win at the last second, which makes it that much sweeter.

But the loading of one side does cause people to leave in my humble
            opinion. Lots of new people don't like to be on a 2900/1500 losing side.

We DO have some ultra uber players here, and they do some serious
            pawning when given the chance. If you are just a middle of the road
            player like me on the Lair, you will OWN alot of the other servers.
            At least that is the stories I've heard. We don't kick players here because
            they are super good. We just want people to play clean, don't use
            bad language, don't use hacks, and have FUN.

Auto balance will get you moved to the other side, but it doesn't appear
            to happen very often. Does it only autobalance if you auto assigned?

At this time, I know of no way for us to move people to a different team
            as an admin, and don't think I want to get into that kind of argument.
            We at Cains Lair tend to be overly cautious about doing anything
            that changes or disrupts. You will never get us accussed of being power mad flighty admins here.
            Everyone who has played many other servers with an admin
            presence on previous FPS games knows what I mean.

At this time, we just ASK people to auto assign. It's only fair.

I KNOW the Marine side is usually more advantageous. Why force an
            unfair advantage? Ya git whut ya git
            ??Click me to donate??

Comment

Re: AUTO ASSIGN PLEASE

Originally posted by Dead_And_Gone
              Then again, I'm not a big
              believer in K/D ratio's, as long as we have fun.
              QFT, I played a round of Wet Work this morning and came away with 20 kills 1 death, then went to a round of Ambush where I had 61 kills and 24 deaths.

Do the TDM math, if your entire team scores 60-20 versus an entire team of guys who score 20-0, your team is gonna win since you'll the score cap much sooner, even though their K/D ratio is higher.

If you're serious about K/D you shouldn't be playing TDM, much less on a 50 man server like Cain's.

Comment

I dont know why but I haver always auto assign....Not once have I picked a side on COD4....I just got used to hitting the auto key.

Comment

I always auto assign, regardless of who keeps stacking the marines *cough*.

Comment

I always do autopick except on a few maps b/c I own the other team in my particular spots. I love geting passed the line of defense and waiitng for the enemy to run past me only for me to shoot them in the back or nade an oncoming group of 5 then running further in. I'm usually the one who cause the map to flip b/c alot I force the line further. I rember fliping the map 3 times in one round. Very fun. Remember, it's teamwork that wins it but it only takes one soldier to even the odds.
                    [url="http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/19030358"]Dracontius - North America - Summoners - League of Legends Statistics - lolking.net[/url] - My LoL stats etc

[URL="http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b6dbfab44e82"]http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b6dbfab44e82[/URL] - Use link if you want to play League of Legends.

Comment

I auto-assign most of the time, but sometimes I wonder why I bother. 90% of the time I do it, auto-assign puts me on Op-For. :P

-Rand
                      [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                      Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR}
                        I auto-assign most of the time, but sometimes I wonder why I bother. 90% of the time I do it, auto-assign puts me on Op-For. :P

-Rand
                        B/c the towel heads rule!
                        [url="http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/19030358"]Dracontius - North America - Summoners - League of Legends Statistics - lolking.net[/url] - My LoL stats etc

[URL="http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b6dbfab44e82"]http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b6dbfab44e82[/URL] - Use link if you want to play League of Legends.

Comment

If I join in the middle of a round, then I choose auto-assign. If it's the beginning of a round then I always pick, Marines/SAS.

Look, I'm old, I have a hard time remembering who I'm supposed to be shooting at. Joining only 1 side helps me remember who to shoot at.

So sue me.
                          A change of Pace.
                          "All the fun of a clan without the BS" - Cain

Comment

I usually auto, though sometimes you need to choose a particular side so you can kill Cain
                            Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

You always get auto assigned to OPFOR because people who choose usually go with Marines so the OPFOR side is short. Personally I auto assign mostly now because I've figured out good sniper spots for all the starting positions. Not that I can hit anyone. I used to always pick Marines because I just don't like shooting at our troops. I go either way with Spetz/SAS because half the Spetz skins looks creepy (gas mask guy) and half the SAS skins look like the Seattle WTO rioters from a few years ago and who wouldn't want to .50 cal them

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,817   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 3
                              Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

Working...
                              X