No announcement yet.

operation FLASHPOINT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If anyone wants to add me its ƒurryappleseed we could do some coop and try to figure out this game.

Im in the clr group of steam incase you can't use that f to search.
    Motivate

Comment

Originally posted by Furryappleseed View Post
      If anyone wants to add me its ?urryappleseed we could do some coop and try to figure out this game.
      Cool! I'll add you to mine "orderofskud"...

I just played through the first mission...after losing half my team the first time...we got through with just massive scratches on all of us. Got to call in artillery on a small town and drive a jeep over some opfor (that's where we got the scratches , but it was fun). I'm starting to get the hang of the commands and such, just a little tough to stay back a moment, hit command key, choose command (still getting used to where and what they all are) and then exit command menu. I can tell it'll be a hoot once I get a little better...already figured out a bunch. and now, back to work

hey, tried adding u to my friends but it said it couldn't find you. Try adding me "orderofskud", or tell me how to do the "f" in your name

Comment

Originally posted by Skud View Post
        hey, tried adding u to my friends but it said it couldn't find you. Try adding me "orderofskud", or tell me how to do the "f" in your name
        Find him in the CLR group.

I manage to meet the helicopter but only with the primary objectives complete. I also was able to blow up a jeep with a grenade and kill 3 enemies, that was cool. I'm thinking that maybe a macro could be used for some of the more common commands because they are a PITA. I also may try to make a flow chart for the different commands because its easy to get lost in the menu and a quick reference card would come in handy.

Here is a question for you guys, is there a toggle key for the look command?
        [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
        Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

I added you skud. For some reason that f wont paste into friends.

Yeah I didn't get the secondary in the first mission because I saw that it was like 1.75km away...eff that.

This game does need some optimizing. It comes to a crawl whenever steam tells me someone is playing. Sometimes I cant get out of prone until I change weapons. And it takes me pressing reload 8 times before it does it.

Plus I don't know if there is cheat protection or if the game just glitches, but there have been several incidents of multiple people putting multiple clips into a single person without them dying.
          Motivate

Comment

I was thinking the next time I do that mission that i would steal the boat in the town and try to get to the senconadries that way

Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Duke{CLR} View Post
              I was thinking the next time I do that mission that i would steal the boat in the town and try to get to the senconadries that way
              I didn't get the secondary because I thought clearing the drop zone was a time thing...but I could have gotten to it with the jeep I took from town (dead guys) pretty easy.

I'm not sure about a toggle key for look, Duke. I replaced the "look" keys with something because I just use the mouse to look around.

Anyway, I'm going to mess around with it a bit now. Thanks for the invite, Furry...oh, I did notice that I had to hit the "reload" key a number of times to pop in a mag...I wondered if that was a problem or if, as they say in one of the video demonstrations, they are taking into account how long it might take to dig one out of your vest or something...

Comment

Originally posted by Skud View Post
                I wondered if that was a problem or if, as they say in one of the video demonstrations, they are taking into account how long it might take to dig one out of your vest or something...
                Lol, I was under the impression that the reloads were pretty lazy already. Its a quicker process to have your gun jam in AA than to reload in this if that really was a "feature"
                Motivate

Comment

Are we talking about Operation Flashpoint? That game is way old. It was way cool too. I played it for years. I moved on to ArmA and ArmA 2. ArmA 2 rocks! Especially in domination mode. The AI is super smart. I posted some funny videos in embeded videos section.
                  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

I have to say this Game put ArmA 2 to shame this game is the best game i have played for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost_Rain View Post
                      I have to say this Game put ArmA 2 to shame this game is the best game i have played for a long time.
                      Really? Do you have all the addons for it? Do you have the FDF Mod?
                      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by MR_MADHATTER View Post
                        Really? Do you have all the addons for it? Do you have the FDF Mod?
                        I think this is a new game called Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising.

Comment

Well I keep getting owned on the MP mode but I keep going back for more lol great game

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost_Rain View Post
                            Well I keep getting owned on the MP mode but I keep going back for more lol great game
                            Yeah, I haven't played much yet because of work, but multiplayer's been a little rough. Not knowing the terrain and low familiarity with all the keys/commands certainly leaves one open to ambushes and punishment, lol. I'm hoping to play a little more in the next few days, hopefully with folks I know so that I don't just get kicked out of a squad!

P.S. For those who sent me friend invites could you resend them to "{CLR}Skud"? I have yours, Duke, since we played one game. Well, see y'all later, maybe.

Comment

This game is Waaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy better now that people are figuring out what to do. Lots more teamwork now than before.

Game does need a patch though. First of all we need the ability to kick someone who doesnt ready up, or at least be able to force start. And the map selection is a joke considering the size of the island.

Hopefully CM will go ahead and get on this so this game can really shine.
                              Motivate

Comment

Anyone who is up for a game can join me thru steam (gimmie2) ive got a server up right now to play on hardcore difficulty!!!!
                                EDIT: i had to put a password on it cuz this one guy kept joining and spamming random crap at me the password is gonna be cainslair

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,184   Posts: 269,829   Members: 6,182   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, newiron09.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to BF4 new easter egg.. need to know moriss code
                                  by newiron09
                                  BTW on iOS use "Light Conversation", its an app from an artist...he spreaded it for light arrangements(stories in lights) in a city...propably...
                                  15 Sep 2024, 09:24 AM
                                • Reply to Otterbox is 10 years old
                                  by newiron09
                                  Having tried many cases I've given up on expensive ones. Not convinced they are significantly better than an inexpensive gel case for 1/10 the money....
                                  15 Sep 2024, 09:20 AM
                                Working...
                                X